scratch built boba fett boots!!

boba fan

New Hunter
so i went to walmart of all places looking for some king of boba fett esq boots and low and behold i found a pair for just $20 i found a pair that is quite similar. they are a pair of black leather or pleather not sure "faded glory" boots and here is what i've done to them so far. keep in mind these were all black. i used gery primer, flat white, and blue painters tape thats it. not bad just need the toe spikes.

P1010116.jpg

I bought the same pair for my son's costume. What kind of paint did you use - acrylic, enamel spay, vinyl house paint?

Yeah, I have been tempted to take the little patches off the sides (already took the ones off the elastic) but I am afraid they will fall apart if I do 8-o
Anyway, looking good - I will get mine done this weekend, thanks for the inspiration!

i'm not sure if they have them for little kids. as far as the brand name they are faded glory. i took the little leathery patches off with a stitch remover. took about 5 minutes per boot, but there is an adhesive under it that im trying to figure out how to get off the best way. thanks for the compliments guys!!

The smallest size I saw on these was an 8. My son wears a 7. I did look for kids sized versions too and did not see any.

just to let everyone know (if your interested) that the white substance on the left boot is a form of glue that was under a piece of pleather that i removed. i am working on finding the best method for removal. thanks for the comps guys.

well folks they are done . i made the toe spikes out of a bar of aluminum from the "big orange" a few ball point pen caps, spraypaint, and superglue. tell me what u think.

boots.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back