Giving away some armor...

Boba_Fett_03 thats awesome ner vod. Mandos wouldnt have any beef with using bio-weapons. That was a nice touch! I like the fact that you tried to get comms with the pinned squad to raise morale, thats huge to real soldiers! Let me tell you from first hand experience, I was caught in a IED ambush in Iraq and engaged some scumbags at 50 meters with 16 203 HEDP rounds. We were there for a good twenty minutes and when I heard on my headset that the QRF was coming to get us it was an awesome feeling.
These entries are great so Im going to have to enlist the judgement of my Good friends Ed and Matt. Ed was my sniper partner in Iraq and he's a big mando Fan too, and Matt was an awesome saw gunner with the bigest set of brass nuts on a kid, both hard core Mando fans. I want them to help me so its a fairer judgement. They might like one more than I do so there will be a majority decision. Im also going to throw in a CQB style grenade launcher/blaster combo weapon I was working on, totally origional, and hand made like the verp. Ill post a pic of it tomorrow morning. That way two of you will get something out of this. I feel bad there is only one set of armor I have to give cause this is some good stuff.
No better fans than Mando fans. Again

cont:

Again good job. Id also like to say Im glad to see some decent gramar. Im not a big spelling nazi, but I do appreciate some good articulation. A Mando squadleader has to be able to write and speak clearly. I really hate that IM gramar osik. Ive sent Ed some of these posts and he seems to be partial to the story style. I havent heard from Matt yet. I like them both really. Its going to be interesting to see what pops up between now and friday.

these are really fun to read! even if i don't get anything (thanks for the compliments, by the way), this has still been fun. boba_fett_03, i love your idea of boosting morale with communications. i never thought of that.

Thank you for the compliments! Morale can make the difference in a battle; I figured if I was pinned down by overwhelming enemy forces, hearing a rescue team crackle over the radio would pump me up.

Regardless of who wins this competition, I had fun. Maybe this could become a monthly event; one person proposes a scenario, and other users try to come up with the best solution.

I plan on revising it, if it's ok.

Sure you can revise all you want and post again. Id suggest you revise yours. I know most of you my not be trained soldiers so Im not going to hold it against you too bad, but you might want to rethink the whole negotiator thing. Mando'ade dont negotiate, especially with a couple of companies moving on them, unless its with demo or shoulder launchers hehehe.

Feel free to post as many times as you want. Use it as an opportunity to improve your writing skills as well. Sentence structure will be taken into consideration.

You know, when I told my friends this scenario, I got to thinking that you are military.

Im a vet of 9 1/2 years, 8 of those as a sniper. I graduated Army sniper school in july of 99. Almost every callsign Ive had has been Star Wars related. My 4 man sniper squad (two 2 man teams) in Iraq were named after the Wraiths from the X-Wing series.

You guys are right, this has been fun. More so than I thought. I figured we like Mandos so much we may as well think like Mandos. Some of you have the marbles for it hehehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
R-33.jpg

R-331.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of the grenade launcher/blaster rifle combo I was working on. It was a work in progress and I have a few pieces to put on before it goes out but I figure someone would maybe like to have it. Its just sitting on the workbench when a mando'ad out there could sport it. I dont know what you guys think but I thought it was looking kinda cool. I was inspired by my trusty 203 and the Brit SA80. The potential for serious close and mid range damage is there, and its comforable in a tight space which wouldnt be bad when clearing cramped shuttles. The versitility is there with the different ammo for the launcher (pretend of course). My buds and I will pick a top 2. The first choice will have a choice of the armor or the weapon. The second choice will get what is left over. Ill let you guys know who the top 2 are so maybe you guys can PM one another if you want to swap or who really wants what.
I might have extra stuff as well in the coming weeks and Ill do this again instead of selling. I have a $70 tactical chest harness Im probably going to let go that I was origionally going to use with my beskar'gam, but its evolving and Im not going to use it. I have enough tactical kit already not to have a need for it. Its a wheat color and has molle style webbing for full customization. Ill keep you guys posted.
This thing is going to end on friday at 7pm eastern time, that gives you westcoast Mando'ade until 4pm in case some of you are in school.

Ok, I'll revise as soon as I can get the time.

That gun is tight, if I'm one of hte top 2 (crosses fingers and prays heart out) I would want both prizes, so I'm not picky.

MandoSniper, hats off to you. Not only have you come up with an entertaining thread but you are also a very generous Mando. :cheers Kandosii Vod

MandoSniper, hats off to you. Not only have you come up with an entertaining thread but you are also a very generous Mando. :cheers Kandosii Vod

too true. how often does one hear about someone just giving things away? and that blaster is pretty sweet, though i need the armor a lot more.

That blaster/grenade launcher is awesome! Is that the final condition, or are you going to paint it before sending?

At the end of this contest, I was wondering if MandoSniper would be willing to give us his own solution to this scenario.

Thanks guys! Mando'ade have to stick together. Yeah I could probably get credits for this stuff but it wouldnt be fun. And I wouldnt be helping anyone out.
Im glad you guys like the weapon. I feel better now that I have something else to shell out.
Yeah sure, Ill give you guys my take on the scenario.

Is that the final condition, or are you going to paint it before sending?

There are a few pieces I have cut that will go on it. Thats just a primer color and I will send it out in a primed color. I have to see what I have left. I might also have a Daisy red dot aimpoint to go with it thats also just taking up space, I just have to find it. The rest of the weathering and costomizing will go to the Mando'ad that gets it. make it your own, just dont forget where you got it.

MandoSniper, hats off to you. Not only have you come up with an entertaining thread but you are also a very generous Mando. Kandosii Vod
Vor'entye Orth'ika! I try to be generous when I can. I bet youre happy about Celebration Europe next July! We'll have C4 and you guys on the other side of the pond will have your own. Im happy for you Mando'ade out there.

I posted this once before but just in case anyone missed it...

Oh yeah. If you want the armor, you have to post your stuff for everyone to read so its a fun thing for everyone. Dont PM me stuff cause Im just going to pretend I dont see it. Share vode.

I dont care who you use. You can use well knowns, you can use Mandos that frequent these threads (which would be cool), you can throw in Kal Skirata and his boys, I dont care. But keep in mind that the plan has to make some sense and just because you have a dreamteam doesnt mean that it will work. Use your imagination and some common sense, and even Mandos no one ever heard of can carry out a stunning victory.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back