Fett4u's Progress thread *DUW

Well I trooped for the first time last weekend in my incomplete Jodo. I did a parade with the Southern Outpost, and it was a blast! I got to march next to Boussh and an awesome ESB Boba. I don't know if there are any pics, but there is a video somewhere. It gave me a good idea of stuff to add/fix. I definitely need a Helmet liner, Gaunt pads. I was surprised nothing fell off mid-parade. Anyway, My project for today is the building of a Jet pack using Lisa Fett's tutorial. Wish me luck, after Im done with class I might have some progress shots up.

Jet%20Pack.gif

Ok here is the Jet pack Ive been scratchbuidling. Its made out of Styrofoam, Foam-core board, and masking tape. Im almost done with the body construction. Next is Paper Mache, Bondo and then paint. i am using a combination of Lisa Fett's plans,Wizard of flight templates, and a little free hand guessing. This is a fun little project, and it has only cost me 30 bucks so far, and at the moment its so light I can stick it on with IS Velcro. I even modified the rocket to resemble Jodo's from the comics. Its not dead on but close, What do you guys think?

Fett4U..

Damn nice work!!! Trust me, finish the fins on the rocket top. It will make it look more complete.

If you need reference pics...I can post pics of mine if you need to.

JK3

I finished the scratchbuilt Jet Pack today. Its pretty ugly, but looks decent from about 10 ft, lol. I've already started Version2. The good thing about it, opposed to a FG one, Its really really light. I got my Backplate from ASOK last night. It has been painted, and Im putting new velcro on the vest. Now I have everything. and I just need to make those belt accessories. JK3, what did you make them out of?

Picture18.jpg

Picture19.jpg

Update Time:
Here is the backplate I got from Asok
Plate.jpg

I made a harness for my Jet Pack
Harness.jpg

and here is a pic of me wearing the Chest armor, back , and JP

Armorpack.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back