My new ESB knee armour

Jango Fett Jr

Well-Known Hunter
Over the last week I realized I had to throw together some new knee armour to replace my old cracked MB ones, especially with Dragon*Con coming up and my photoshoot with Brak's.

Used sintra to make the sides, the main "cups" are styrene. Layered up and Bondo'd the heck out of it all to look vacuformed, and I'm pretty satisfied. I didn't get enough of a "ridge" on the bottom of the knees as I'd have liked though. I hope to make or purcase some good one-piece vacuformed ones one day, but these will do for now. Sorry for not taking progress photos, more often than not when I start working on something I just don't stop to take photos.

P1010061.jpg
P1010062.jpg
P1010063.jpg

I used the colours Rogue Studios recommends. Because of of how few reference photos there are for ESB I just made up most of the weathering up. From what I can tell the ESB knees aren't nearly as damaged as the ROTJ ones, but they are a lot "dirtier".

I put them together and painted in 3 days, I hope they turned out well!

Graeme me boy... UNREAL. Can't wait to see them in FOUR DAYS!!!!

That's an unreal scratch build man. If you want vacuformed ones we need to talk.

Graham - those are fantastic man. can't believe those are scratch built.

be sure to post pics of you wearing those :)

Thanks dudes :) Going to try and find a chance to suit up before heading down to Atlanta, got my new backplate and collar painted up and I repainted the rest of my armour, so I'd like to see how it all looks now!

Incredible! (y) If you ever do decide to get rid of them in favor of vacuformed ones I am sure you will have a line of people who will want this set.

Thanks dudes :) Going to try and find a chance to suit up before heading down to Atlanta, got my new backplate and collar painted up and I repainted the rest of my armour, so I'd like to see how it all looks now!
Hehe, I had to use your myspace photo and a combination of some other photos to start the painting on my ESB armour! Bah, ESB paint schemes are too difficult to find.

The scratch built knees around here are amazing lately. I am building my set right now. What are people building the part on the sides out of, where the darts attach to? I was thinking wood.

Do we have photo/screen cap evidence that the red & blue colors were present on the darts used on the ESB suit????? I know (that we know) that it is definately there from the exhibit photos of the ROTJ suit, , and if I remember correctly, the Pre-Pro suit as well, but never really could tell if the ESBs were the same. Guess I always kinda figured they were all silver with no acents at all, (judging by the ESB ref), at least they look that way to me. Not trying to be a doubting Thomas here....just wondering if I gotta add that extra accents to my darts!! ;) Interesting!!!!!
D

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back