Work in Progress - My FP V2 Armor

WOW Bob it came out great, I can't wait to see this in person this week. If you still have your V.1 FP armor can you bring it too? I want to see the difference in person.

Nope, the guy in the thread above me now has my V1 FP armor. :lol: ;) Jaster Blaster bought it before I got this set.

See you guys on Thursday! :)

I don't have a SEEKER face, but if I did, you would get one. :)

Absolutely stunning work WebChief. (y)

I will phase in a new one....

My EVAN4218 WOOT!

LOL :lol:

Wife_Beater.jpg

P.S.- Thats not what I look like... its just some guy. :)

I will phase in a new one....

Wife_Beater.jpg

P.S.- Thats not what I look like... its just some guy. :)

Dammit Evan4218, didn't you get the idea by the snarl on my face
and my waving fist that I was threatenting you? I told you the night I caught
you spying on me out in my shop that I'd hunt you down if I ever found out you posted that !!!! FETTPRIDE AT WORK REVEALED !!!! I'm gonna get you sucka ! :lol:

FP

Stand on a chair or something, when you're taking pics of the cod piece! You're blimping it out
with your focal length !! I wanna see how it looks with your awesome paintup with a better
focal length !!! :lol: Just stand on a chair with the camera about 6 ft away from the cod piece,
then zoom in a little with the camera zoom

Well, I tried taking a better pic to show the undercut but its blurry... oh well, you get the idea...

normal_DSCF4032.JPG

Looks great. What method did you use for the light green scratches? I just can't seem to get that part down with mine

Like I said before that's the one part I'm not happy with. I painted them topically and I'm not happy with the color I used. I don't remember the name of the color but I do know that I'd prefer a better match to the real one.

Heres a trick to nailing those off green scratches on the ab plate and else where. Paint your color on the edge of a small thin square of card bord, hit the side with paint on it on a peice of paper to make sure a resonable amount of paint is on it but not to much. Then go to town, you will have to re apply the paint to the card board a few times... once its dry add some brused on spots as well to randomize it. Heres a pic of what I was able to do using this.

f5_12.JPG.jpg

Thanks for the tips evan. I did mine in a AoSW theme, but there are some light scratches, mostly on the left chest piece. What color did you use? How much lighter than the US med green did you go?

I used a mix between U.S. Med Green and Soviet Green (much lighter) and bingo
I also added that color after my wash and over spray of black

for my scratches, i actually did them as another layer in the process.

there's a yellow layer, a lighter green and a darker green.

i used the same color as my helmet for the lighter green (rustoleum spruce green i think? or is it sage...)

normal_FettArmor%20023.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back