SgtFang Mystery Helmet - A Review and Progress Thread

albino boba fett ate his arms.

this is shaping up quite well. nice to see progress threads on what can be done with a fang helmet

Batninja. I know there are a hundred other painting threads but we all love watching them. Please continue to show progress, it servers as inspirtation to many of use who havent completed a bucket yet and even to those who have. Keep up the good work! :D

I'm new to DH but did receive a Sarge helmet and I have to say, it's awesome. Sanding time was VERY minor. Now to start the hard part, painting, electronics, etc....

Batninja. I know there are a hundred other painting threads but we all love watching them. Please continue to show progress, it servers as inspirtation to many of use who havent completed a bucket yet and even to those who have. Keep up the good work! :D

I second this. I think you've done an astounding job prepping it, I think it would be a shame to not show the paint up progress.

I've started working on my SgtFang mystery helmet I received last week.

Here are the tools I'm using right now:
tools_trade.jpg

At this point, I've used a Dremel to trim the bottom edge of the helmet, and cut out the visor.
progress_1.jpg

Then I used a sanding wheel and sandpaper to even out the width the entire visor opening, to achieve a uniform thickness. I will do the same thing for the bottom of the helmet edge later:
progress_2.jpg

For the corners, I used an X-Axcto to carefully carve the corners, and finished it with a Emery board and a tiny triangle file:
progress_3.jpg

Comments are welcome!

Next step: the keyholes...

Hey BatNinja, I know this is an old thread so sorry for the resurrection but I'm just starting my build of the exact same helmet. I have my T section cut out and was curious as to what thickness you filed the visor opening width down to before mounting the lens? If you remember that is... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back