SgtFang Mystery Helmet - A Review and Progress Thread

BN,

Did you ever reinforce the thin area by the keyholes? If so, how did you go about it? Just putty and sand? That area looks pretty scary... lol... I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it.

-Shawn

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. I used a few small dabs of JB Weld, and coated a few spots around the keyholes. I also used it to reinforce an area along the rear quarter, where I sanded too close to the edge.

I know alot of people use Bondo for things like this, but I don't. Bondo is very difficult to sand, and resin is very easy. Using Bondo to fill resin areas could result in over-sanding the resin.

I'll get pics up tomorrow.

"I'm going to use one of HyperDyne's remote servo system for the stalk. I won't know exactly how I'll secure it until I get it. Until then, I'll just use a simple nut and bolt. In order to fit the nut flat under the earcap, I'll have to bevel out the stalk hole. SpideyFett has some pics of this in another thread, and I should be able to get the stalk beveled this weekend (I'll post pics)."

Hey, I'm very new to all this and was wondering what a Hyperdyne Remote servo system is and what it does. Thanks.

That's looking awesome!

I must admit I'm a complete newbie at this stuff. Infact I'm just about to embark on my first real Fett suit, where can I get a Sgtfang helmet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MandalorFett said:
Mr. Ninja, any updates? I'm using this thread as 'instructions' for my SGT. Fang. Thanks.

I'm at a point where I'm going to require some outside assistance. Since I'm going to install a HyperDyne servo system, I want to reinforce the inside of the helmet with fiberglass. I'm getting with evan4218 in the next week or so, so keep watching for updated pics on that process.

Other than that, all that's really left is the final primer coat, and then the paintjob. And since so many others have done awesome jobs with their paint-ups, I'll leave that out of my progress thread. :)

Slave-1 said:
where can I get a Sgtfang helmet?

Send a Private Message to SgtFang...he'll be glad to help you out!

I owned one of these before, and had absolutely no problems with the sturdiness during trooping. As a matter of fact, the TDH member I sold it to still wears it to this day.

Also, this helmet is much lighter than others I've worn, so trooping was a breeze!

Yes please update us batninja...my Sgt. Fang should arrive any day now and I would love to see how your bucket is coming along...(y)

Yeah, I need to get cracking on this thing again. I'm in the middle of an ammo belt run, but should be able to clear up my weekend to work on the helmet.

I got a new earcap from BobaMaker, and it ROCKS! I will still have to modify the earcap 'seat', as the BM cap is about an 1/8" taller than the seat. And as much as I hate to use it, I'll probably have to use Bondo to build up the seat a bit. I'll post progress pics when I get to that step.

Next steps: mandible cross-bar, fiberglassing the interior, and finishing the earcap prep.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back