Lower jet pack strap attachment?

Predatormv

Well-Known Hunter
Lower jetpack strap attachment?

Ok I know how I did it on my old jet pack and that didn't work out well. But how do most of you go about putting the lower strap on your jet packs? I am talking about the 2inch wide one with the us divers buckle on it. If it matters I am using the new MLC ver2 pack.

Pics or diagrams would be best. But since I can only view them here at work please don't use photobucket or something similar if you can host them here on TDH using our server.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.:jet pack

Same here, Ive had one for almost a year and never put it on. So lets see some pic's please.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll try to remember to take pics later, though mine is not particularly impressive visually. i have the belt riveted to the lower pack.

4 rivets, with metal washers on the inside of the pack.

it doesn't look like much, but it works well. i may put a piece of painted plastic or something over it to pretty it up at some point, but no-one ever sees that side of things :)

Yeah I attached the belt directly to the pack too, but instead of rivets I used bolts W/ washers. Just melted 2 holes through the belt with a soldering iron, then drilled 2 holes corresponding to the JP. I'm using MLC version 1, so the strap is right below the acess pannel on mine. Works pretty good.
D

Same here.. 2 rivets.

put your suit on, then put your belt on in the position it would be. Have someone identify the "center" of the back of the belt, place it on the lowest part of the JP and drill through it and the JP for rivets (can also use a hot poker such as a soldering iron to poke holes through the belt)

Like 7602 said, nothing fancy, but it works well

You can also make ABS "belt loops" and glue or rivet those to the bottom portion of the JP, and slide the belt through that. Just another option.

I have just tonight seen how the original pack was done and I think I am going to try it that way and see if it works. The original had two metal hook kind of things on it that just hooked onto the belt. So basically I will just put the belt on and then hook the pack over the top of the belt. It might not work so I can always change it later.

actually, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but does'nt the real suit JP belt hook to the "Scuba Harness" and the JP itself has a bracket that sits on an L shapped bracket on the back of the scuba harness.

I do believe all the belt was used for was to help keep the scuba harness tight to the body so the JP could sit on it. The JP was hooked on the top as clearly seen , and the bottom of the JP rested on an L shaped bracket

actually, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but does'nt the real suit JP belt hook to the "Scuba Harness" and the JP itself has a bracket that sits on an L shapped bracket on the back of the scuba harness.

I do believe all the belt was used for was to help keep the scuba harness tight to the body so the JP could sit on it. The JP was hooked on the top as clearly seen , and the bottom of the JP rested on an L shaped bracket

yup, you are correct.

but in my case at least, this is a practical varience from accuracy. having the belt on the pack keeps it stable when people bump into it / hit it / hug you / whatever...

without the belt, the pack can move around a lot.

i thought about the scba harness / bracket thing... even went so far as to try to win one on ebay.

but i'm nervous about that bracket being all i get for support. 'cuz unlike in the movie, i don't necessarily have a costume tech there to fix me ;)

I originally did use a us divers scuba harness and had the brackets set up so they just slide over the top of the support. It was pretty accurate I think, but the whole harness dug into my back so bad that I could only wear it for an hour or so. Annd yeah, I was dissapointed on how much the pack moved around if someone bumped into me etc. So, thats why I went with the belt attached directly to the pack. NOt as accurate, but Its way more comfortable, weighs less, and it is pretty stable.

Hmm now I am starting to rethink the whole bracket thing. I don't really know what I am going to do now. Though I should decide soon since I need to finnish this stupid thing for Dragon Con.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back