Fett Armour Finished

dude, the costume looks great! the details I'm most impressed with. money and time well spent...

now all you need to work on is the posture. No offence, only positive critisim, but you would look a whole lot more intimidating if you stood up straight. boba never hunched. ever. remember, as soon as you dawn the helmet, you are no longer yourself, but the most feared and respected bounty hunter in the universe.

again, great work on the costume.

dude, the costume looks great! the details I'm most impressed with. money and time well spent...

now all you need to work on is the posture. No offence, only positive critisim, but you would look a whole lot more intimidating if you stood up straight. boba never hunched. ever. remember, as soon as you dawn the helmet, you are no longer yourself, but the most feared and respected bounty hunter in the universe.

again, great work on the costume.

Thanks for the pointers, but if you read my first post, I know about the posture thing :lol:

Since it was my first time wearing it, I wasn't use to how it sits, but practice will make it better! (y)

Where did you get the lights for the guantlet and how did you rig them uo 9volt battery? Radio shack? just wondering because you have inspired me to try putting some in my skirata guants when I get them from ruffkin.

Where did you get the lights for the guantlet and how did you rig them uo 9volt battery? Radio shack? just wondering because you have inspired me to try putting some in my skirata guants when I get them from ruffkin.

I went to radio shack and picked up a 12vdc lamp and a flat paddle toggle switch. (dont remember the stock numbers - but you can eyeball them and pick em out)

Used a 9v battery. Everything was hotglued in place.
standard 22 gauge wire. (stranded)

Here is a quick diagram of the wiring.

drawing1.jpg

I posted on how the method I used to close my gauntlets -- I think it's pretty close to the original prop method - http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=13810

In some of the shots you can see the holes I drilled for the switch and light.

Great looking suit BH9959. (y)

stonerook said:
I also have to teach my "helper" how to place items while I dress/put it on.
Plan on teaching several people in your Garrison on how to dress you. :lol: Depening on the event(s), you may not have the same person there each time.

stonerook said:
I had a bunch of people stop on my street to watch me during this quick photo shoot - was pretty cool to see their faces...
Same thing happened to me when I took my first completed suit photos out by my garage door. One guy slamed on his breaks, jumped out of his car and asked to take a picture with me. :lol: What a rush. ;)

Congrats on a job well done. :cheers

Gator
BH8875

:confused Alright, one question--how do the smaller bits of the armor stay on the vest? Or am I asking the wrong question?

Good question.

I first used velcro to attach the middle "diamond" - that was my anchor piece - I used it to judge where the other pieces would lay down.

(Constantly check your fit of parts, I made allowances to move my ab plate to be a bit lower on my Fett, since I don't have that 32 waist anymore)

Once that was in place,

I used the "snap" method shown on TK-409's site to attach mine.

I went to wal-mart and bought the strongest two part snap kit I could find.

Then I superglued the "male" connector to a small piece of plastic.

That in turn was glued onto the armour piece, after scoring the area with a crosshatch pattern using an xacto knife (this gives the glue something to grip.

I then glued the entire piece using JB weld (for extra strength).

I then put a small bead of hot glue around the connector, just for a bit more holding power.

Using a piece of chalk and chalked up the connector and laid it on the vest. The chalk transfers to the vest, so I know where to punch a hole through.

Be carefull as you punch through, if you snag a thread, it will pull across the entire vest, making a line or two.

Once you make a small hole (the kits from wallmart had the tool to do this), you attach the "female" snap in place and hammer it down.

(again - the kit had the base, you provide the hammer).

Once in place - it is not moving!

I used snaps on all the armour and to hold the knees on in place.

It works out pretty good, and I dont get the "whisp" "whisp" of using all velcro you get sometimes.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back