I need help...

bobamatt

Active Hunter
I need information on this helmet. This was my first Boba Fett purchase and it was way before I even knew about TDH.

I won this baby on eBay in Jan of 05. I do not remember the seller's name. I did not paint this bucket, it came this way. I have not painted or touched it up at all, so it is EXACTLY how I received it. It is fiberglass. The t-visor is completly sealed with hot glue. It does have a resin rangefinder, I just didn't take pics of it. I would like to upgrade since this helmet's colors are off and there is hardly any detail.

ANYWAY.... I would like to know what kind of helmet this is. Is it a dp95, or something else...? I think it's a Don Post Deluxe re-cast, but I really don't know... If any of you tdh members could help me, I would really appreciate it!

I will be selling this thing soon, but not right now. It has served it's purpose well, but it's time to move on...

HELP MEEEEeeeeeee!

helm1pr0.jpg

helm2ui3.jpg

helm3lq5.jpg

helm4xr4.jpg

Well, if it is fiberglass it is not a DP, the full visor, and not to mention,it looks too big to be a DP . Mainly the paint is way too light, my opinion would be to rid of the old paint, prime it and repaint it. Not necesarrily the whole helm, just the main dome and cheeks, the ones that look sky blue.

I believe this helmet is from Australia. The T-Visor doesn't look like it extends enough on the sides, find some pictures of other buckets and see if you can cut that a little more to get a good shape.

I was never quite sure if it was a DP Deluxe or an Altman's Recast.

Looking at the paint job, I see that it's trying to be the ESB Fett bucket.

GCNgamer128 said:
I believe this helmet is from Australia. The T-Visor doesn't look like it extends enough on the sides, find some pictures of other buckets and see if you can cut that a little more to get a good shape.

I was never quite sure if it was a DP Deluxe or an Altman's Recast.

Looking at the paint job, I see that it's trying to be the ESB Fett bucket.

maybe brandonajohnson on ebay sold it? I've seen some of his helmets, they are clearly altmanns recasts. that helm could look great if fixed up a little.

IMO its an Altman's recast (definately not a DP of any description). That is a really nice looking bucket, all it needs is a new visor (darker) and a fresh lick of paint. As for shape and 'apparent' size it looks great. If I were you I would keep it and give it a little tender loving care. The blue on the back of the bucket is lovely, I wonder what colour that actually is?

If you decide to sell put me on the top of the list though ;)

I agree, a new paintjob and visor and you are set. You will need to do those 2 things with most buckets anyways.

Actually, I am waiting for a response from bobamaker. I am interested in purchasing one of his helmets. If it works out, ronin will have first dibs. If not, then I have a LOT of work to do.

Who else makes a great bucket????

I tried to contact Rex (MLC) and I havent heard back from him for around 5 months. I really like his helmets, and bobamaker's helmet is great too! I just can't get anyone to reply! ARGH!:angry

Oh, well.... patience is a virtue....

I want a new helmet! And I want one now!!!! (stomps foot)!!!!;):lol:

seriously, who should I buy from???

bobamatt1 said:
I want a new helmet! And I want one now!!!! (stomps foot)!!!!;):lol:

Patience my friend! In time, will seek you out! And when it does, you must bring it before meeee!!!:lol:lol::lol:

Ha ha ha ... anyway, make sure you do your research before buying. Don't get impatient, or you'll end up with something you don't like.

Jimmy BufFETT said:
Ha ha ha ... anyway, make sure you do your research before buying. Don't get impatient, or you'll end up with something you don't like.

As the Kool Aid Man once said....

>ahem<

"OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH YYYYEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

This helmet was my first Fett purchase. Also, the day I joined TDH, I ordered shin tools from (GASP!) Bloodsport Studios...

I know better now! Lol!

Thank you all for your help! Bobamaker just wrote me back. I think I've made my decision! Take care all!

Hammer of Might said:
maybe brandonajohnson on ebay sold it? I've seen some of his helmets, they are clearly altmanns recasts. that helm could look great if fixed up a little.

No, it was a seller in the US. Wisconsin, I think...?

This thread will rise from the grave!!!!...in otherwords, UPDATE!

Ok, so here is what is going on with this Helmet. After some help from fellow members, I decided to repaint this helmet (with rattle cans) and add a new visor.

I took the ear-caps off and the rengefinder since I liked those how they were.

I sanded it a little and primed it with Krylon Automible Primer (2081 Light Gray Primer) availiable at WallyWorld.

dsc00979rz1.jpg

I then went ahead and applied the green (Krylon Hunter Green Satin 3502)to the dome and cheeks after I added the yellow to the back of the helm (KILZ satin Golden Margarita). It may be the wrong color, but I like it. Then I liquid masked the battle damage.

dsc00980qw7.jpg

I then sprayed the back with the blue/green and the cheeks with a flat black misted with hunter green. I removed the liquid mask and painted the visor with the red(Krylon Burgundy Satin 3503). The rest of the detail is completely topical using acrylic paints that I mixed and testors model master silver. Then I gave it a healthy dose of dull-coat.

I ordered a standard size visor from the e-bay guy and it might be about a quarter inch too short, but it's a great visor.

Well, here she is. I'm happy. It's not 100% accurate, but I am extreamly happy with it.

helm1xz9.jpg
sideki0.jpg

Perhaps I will keep it after all. This was my first attempt at painting a bucket.

Here are some before and afters. I did not have the new visor for these pictures. These pics show the old visor. Also, the flash kind of washes out some colors in the "after" pics. It looks much better in person.

compair11hw5.jpg
compair1ht0.jpg

compair2no4.jpg
compair22dt7.jpg

Again this was my first attempt. I would appreciate some comments. BE BRUTAL! :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice paint job. I would just recommend you weather that bad boy up right there with a black acrylic wash. After that you should be good to go!

Ok. So I know it's been a while, and most of you probably don't care anymore, but I'm still not convinced it's an Altmans...

I did some touch ups and took more pictures. I'm interested in what you guys think now.

Plus, I'm really bored tonight and couldn't think of anything better to do.:lol:

Thoughts as to what kind of bucket this is? Thanks all! -Matt

helmnew1rq1.jpg

helmnew2yt3.jpg

helmnew3fv3.jpg

helmnew4xl8.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back