interest in an aluminum blaster

this is one of those long awaited projects that i can't wiat to get either...i remember thinking about last xmas, getting jamie some zam stuff...man time flys and im so glad to have that costume done...although we are thinking of getting a leather vest professioanlly made for her..ugggh

I just talked with Hyperdyne and it sounds like he has the bugs worked out of the electronics. He originally had a problem with the batteries draining down and having to be unplugged. He is trying to get a video up on his site to show the light and sounds.

IMG_5688_resize.jpg

Thanks!
Also... I can't thank everyone enough for your patience! I am so sorry this project is taking so long. I knew it would take a while but I never anticipated it would be this long.

I'm not minding the delay, my whole costume had to go on hold earlier this year due to some personal issues. It's back on as soon as the holidays are over though :)
That blaster is looking amazing!!
I'm getting so tempted to get 2 now ;)

Here is a video of it in action with the light and sounds:

http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/misc/zamblaster.avi

This is the prototype blaster still of course being it's just the white resin and no greeblies :)

There is a new snag unfortunately though :facepalm The board he used for this is no longer available and he only had a couple of them left. He's going to try another one so he wants to be sure it will work o.k. before committing to taking orders. I think it'll be fine but I guess we had better be sure first. I'll let you know as soon as he can do another test with the new board.

that does look pretty cool...do you know if the barrel end is gonna be missing the little piece that sticks out the tip due to the flash?

Thanks..... actually those kudos should go to Jim of Hyperdyne :) He's doing his best to fit all those electronics in such a small space. I think he said it's the smallest space for the amount of electronics he has done. He did the noisy cricket too which is smaller but not as impressive... due to the size.. I suppose.. it's still cool though.

All the greeblies will be on the gun including the tip. I pressed a piece of acrylic rod into the hole in the front of the gun and the tip is machined in metal and threaded so I'll drill and tap a hole in that acrylic for the tip so the direct center of the LED won't show... might end up being a good thing so it won't blind you ;)

Oh... yeah.. I didn't realize the sound of Zam's gun was similiar to the tie until Jim mentioned it to me a couple years ago actually when he originally sparked the idea of making them with electronics.... kinda cool actually! ... a vintage sound in the new weapon :)

Hey Gang,
I just wanted to drop in and let you all know that I'm still doing everything in my power to push this project along. I talked with Hyperdyne the other day to see if he can get the soundboards and get this project rolling. He mentioned that the new soundboards might be more expensive and could drive the prices up a little. He hasn't let me know exactly what that might be yet. I'll be sure to post as soon as I hear something.

Maybe I'll lay out all the blaster barrels and take some photos or something just so you know that I have them, they're safe, and practically nagging at me every day cause they're right inside my office door ;)

I just want you all to know that this project stresses the heck out of me. I hate that it's taking so long and I want nothing more than to get them to you all.

I can't thank everyone enough for your patience.
talk to you soon,

still patiently waiting cal! no worries...was hoping for delivery before the end of march for Jamies photo shoot but...when it gets here it gets here

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back