Finished ESB EE-3 Blaster

MacRory

Hunter
Well I finished my Sidewinder EE-3 kit but this picture seems to be a little dark. I'll have to post some more up this evening when I get home. The Sidewinder kit was absolutely brilliant and easy to work with and the finished product is quite superb. Only I could make it less than its potential :lol: But I believe it came out just fine.

92dcf911.gif

I'm rather proud of the bracket connecting the stock and the main weapon. That was a primer coat, add silver, then this really excellent gun metal color that I applied in drags across the silver with a sponge which darkened it up. Lastly, once everything was dried I took the shine edge of a nail filer and polished it up to look like real metal.

I airbrushed the Heiland holes to and tried to get the stock to look like wood but it didn't nearly resemble some of the other EE-3's I've seen posted although I'm satisfied.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your blaster looks freaking sweet MacRory. I was looking at getting one of Sidewinders' kit. I think you made my decision for me. Please post more pics soon. Congrats on the blaster. Smooth, very smooth.

FYI - A real wood Webley stock is 0.56kg, my casting tips the scale at about 0.60kg. It has a foamboard core to keep the weight down nearer to the actual thing.

A real Webley complete weighs in at 3.7kg!!

SAS

Sidewinder said:
FYI - A real wood Webley stock is 0.56kg, my casting tips the scale at about 0.60kg. It has a foamboard core to keep the weight down nearer to the actual thing.

A real Webley complete weighs in at 3.7kg!!

SAS

Yep yep. This kit is a beauty. Easy to handle. I was able to use an old rifle sling from a .308 I had replaced. I almost believe it to be pretty accurate but alas I didn't get around to taking pictures last night as I had wished.

BTW Sidewinder those pieces you sent were superb. Hope I can get some up close detail shots soon to share. That way we can all marvel at your handy work :cheers

I troop with one that is 6 lbs 9.5 oz (2.54 kg.) I will say that after a few hours, it does begin to get difficult to troop with it ... you'll start feeling the pain in your shoulders.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back