Bloodsport Studios--a review. Avoid them.

Ruffkin has never done me wrong ... ever.,,, But bloodsport? I had to chase my money down and drag it out of him. What am I a bounty hunter GEEEZ.

i have a set of blood sport studio gauntlets and i am quite fond of them! heres a pic tell me what u think.

gaunts.jpg

So the edges on the gauntlets needed to be sanded down to a more rounded appearance then? I wasn't aware of that. I'll file that in my memory for when I begin my own pair...

Last edited by a moderator:
So the edges on the gantlets needed to be sanded down to a more rounded appearance then? I wasn't aware of that. I'll file that in my memory for when I begin my own pair...

Well, I would say in the right gauntlet it should not be so square. I was using MOW's as a reference ... he makes some AMAZING gauntlets! Check out this thread:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=14374
It looks to me like the right gauntlet has smoother edges than the left. I'm not as familiar with the ESB gauntlets, but for what it's worth, I know the ROTJ right gauntlet has smooth edges. Again, here's MOW's for reference:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=15125

easy gentlemen we are all friends here. yes i am, missing a dart it must have fallen out b4 the pic was taken. and much yes to all the other criticisms but i am doing this for the first time as cheaply as possible. this is for the love of fett we are all doing this. be positive when someone has something new to be proud of because we all work hard for our passion. 80

I don't think anyone meant any disrespect boba_fan. I asked my question due to my inexperience, I wasn't sure which way the edges should be sanded and shaped.I believe you just received some friendly constructive criticism meant to help, which we are all subject to when we show our work amongst serious craftsmen and artists as those that frequent TDH. I do apologize if I offended you, I was just trying to find out which way was more movie accurate...

easy gentlemen we are all friends here. yes i am, missing a dart it must have fallen out b4 the pic was taken. and much yes to all the other criticisms but i am doing this for the first time as cheaply as possible. this is for the love of fett we are all doing this. be positive when someone has something new to be proud of because we all work hard for our passion. 80

Sorry if what I said offended ya ... no offense intended. I was just trying to help ya in case ya wanted to make some modifications to those.

I think the right gauntlet is supposed to be a Jango gauntlet, no Boba. Notice the cut-lines below the darts.

Bloodsport Studios doesn't know the difference, so he markets them as 'Boba Jango'.

Is that where that came from? I always thought somebody marketing an item as would be so that the item would come up no matter what Fett somebody did a search for.

That's my point. There aren't too many people making both a Jango and a Boba, so when they search 'fett gauntlets' and these come up, they may feel that the gauntlets are for both characters, misleading them.

So either Bloodsport Studios is intentionally misleading their potential customers, or they haven't done enough research to tell the difference in the two.

Either way, it always helps to do research before making an eBay purchase.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back