ROTJ Blaster Nightmare. Need a new one..

Gang.

This sucks. I ordered a beautiful ROTJ resin blaster from a gal in Australia, and it apparently looked like this before it shipped:

before.jpg

These things are fragile, as you know.
It arrived today, in an AIRMAL bag, wrapped in 1 sheet of plain brown paper, with no padding what to speak of, and several little pieces of tape. Not in a box, with padding as one would expect. It was ruined, and shattered.

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

I paid the shipping on this as well, from Aussie land, to Atlanta, GA. And it was done very poorly. I've opened an EBAY dispute, so I am not naming names as of yet. I want to give the seller a chance to make it right.

That being said, I am in the market for ANOTHER ROTJ blaster. Anyone with leads, please let me know.

JP in Atlanta

Yeah, I'm sorry but the person that sent that package I think inhaled too much resin fumes making the blaster.:facepalm That's is the stupidest way to ship something like that I think I've ever seen! PM sidewinder he'll hook you up;)

:eek:

:confused

WTH?

Who in their right mind would ship a fragile item like a resin cast in nothing more than a plastic bag?!

Dude, that seriously sucks! I hope you can figure something out and get the situation remedied to your satisfaction...

Last edited by a moderator:
Creeky!

that is one poor excuse for a shippment package....

Save yourself your time and trouble and buy one from sidewinder...

Here is a shot of my finished SW EE-3

ee3_1%28small%29.jpg

And this was shipped from the UK to the US, in a nice box, each piece wrapped up, enough padding to support it...

stonerook said:
Creeky!

that is one poor excuse for a shippment package....

Save yourself your time and trouble and buy one from sidewinder...

Here is a shot of my finished SW EE-3

ee3_1%28small%29.jpg

And this was shipped from the UK to the US, in a nice box, each piece wrapped up, enough padding to support it...

Just ordered one from him yesterday.. so here's hoping!

JP

batninja said:
Any updates from the seller? Apology, refund, etc?

She initally said "Sure, here's how I can do a refund. 50% now, and then 2 25 % payments.

Then she decided not to go that route(She read her email and saw the dispute I had opened with paypal), and decided to "Conclude business" with me. Then there was a further email accusing me of Smashing the one she shipped to me, because I *must* have gotten a cheaper one. In reality, I have agreed to pay Sidewinder $100 MORE to get a good one.

So the ball is in her court as far as how this proceeds.

I'll update more when I know more.

Good thing you took pictures. (y)

Save all e-mails that you sent and have received from this seller.

No longer send e-mails directly to this seller. Send messages through the PayPal claim system only as they are kept and stored.

Was this item insured? If not, was it because you declined it or was it not offered?

If the seller is not cooperative, you may have the option on your claim to escalate the claim so PayPal will become involved immediately instead of waiting 20 days and then it going to PayPal for consideration.

Did you PayPal with bank funds or was this PayPal payment funded from a credit card? If by credit card, you have another option of dispute (In the case PayPal is not able to do anything for you).

I hope this additional info will help you.

Good luck! (y)

JP In Atlanta said:
She initally said "Sure, here's how I can do a refund. 50% now, and then 2 25 % payments.

Then she decided not to go that route(She read her email and saw the dispute I had opened with paypal), and decided to "Conclude business" with me. Then there was a further email accusing me of Smashing the one she shipped to me, because I *must* have gotten a cheaper one. In reality, I have agreed to pay Sidewinder $100 MORE to get a good one.

So the ball is in her court as far as how this proceeds.

I'll update more when I know more.

What?

She puts a "resin/plastic" item in a soft envelope, wrapped in one sheet of butcher paper,

ships it from AU to US -

and expects it remain in one piece???? :lol:

Did you have this insured by chance? because she may get out of it if you didn't ask for it.

(sender not responsible for damage, yadda yadda yadda)

Ripcode said:
Good thing you took pictures. (y)

Save all e-mails that you sent and have received from this seller.

No longer send e-mails directly to this seller. Send messages through the PayPal claim system only as they are kept and stored.

Was this item insured? If not, was it because you declined it or was it not offered?

If the seller is not cooperative, you may have the option on your claim to escalate the claim so PayPal will become involved immediately instead of waiting 20 days and then it going to PayPal for consideration.

Did you PayPal with bank funds or was this PayPal payment funded from a credit card? If by credit card, you have another option of dispute (In the case PayPal is not able to do anything for you).

I hope this additional info will help you.

Good luck! (y)

Oh rest assured, I am saving EVERYTHING. The paypal dispute has been filed, and is awaiting her reply. I am wondering how they will handle it if she chooses to simply ignore it completely.

In an absolute worst case... I can eat this... it won't break me or cause me fiscal hardship... but it's the principal of the matter.

Ball is in her court!

Oh rest assured, I am saving EVERYTHING. The paypal dispute has been filed, and is awaiting her reply. I am wondering how they will handle it if she chooses to simply ignore it completely.

In an absolute worst case... I can eat this... it won't break me or cause me fiscal hardship... but it's the principal of the matter.

Ball is in her court!

Any updates? :facepalm

The gal stopped talking to me about a week into things.. I sent 5 emails to her requesting a refund, and explaining that I would prefer to work it out between her and I... no response. I submitted the whole thing to Paypal's dispute team on the 6th, and am waiting for them to do their thing...

Soon as I know, ya'll will...

Meanwhile I've ordered a Sidewinder ROTJ, and it's on the way to me now!!!

generally if the seller choses to ignore the complaint paypal automatically go in your favour.

She has got to be mental to think that she can ship something like that in a bag and not a box!

Would you mind PMing me the sellers ID so I can avoid her!

Cheers

Thats her idea of packing !! :eek: Clearly lacking in inteligence or just does not care (or both). She should be ashamed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my new one from Sidewinder.. all I can say is WOW!

Dude, you out did yourself.

Thank you.

Paypal dispute still underway.. they seem to take their time...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back