DOT Certified Mandalorian Helmet?

Suaga

New Hunter
Im pretty new to this forum but I've always been a fan of the Boba Fett.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here knows where/if I can get a DOT certified Mandalorian Helment for motorcycles.
I've been looking around online for one. So far I havn't found any with the same 3d dimensions. However, I have found some great airbrushers who could spray a stock helmet.
I would love to ride with image A rather than image B. Let me know if you guys know anything.
fetthelmet06.jpg
Helmet_6SHOP.jpg

I am long ways away from getting all the armor. I would just want the helmet for now. Good point though. Thanks for your thoughts.

I'd be concerned with the aerodynamics of a Mandalorian helmet on a motorcycle. You get up to a high enough speed, and the total aerodynamic drag could rip the range finder right off. Also, the drag is gonna start to push your head back ... might make your neck feel uncomfortable. Worst of all, there is a possibility of lift being generated, and the helmet could come right off your head.

You know...all this thread made me think of is the Motorcycle Star Wars toys that are on the shelves now with either Darth V. or Boba F. on them.

Seinfeld said:
I mean... what... is the deal with that?

:)

Well, scout helmet is actually the best visual when it comes to helmets. But even saying that, there are still downsides to visons. But mainly I think even DOT is revolved around that the helmet doesn't wanna move around on its own, can take a hit without breaking, and is well padded.

Actually there were some Star Wars motor cycle helmets out a year or two ago and have become super hard to find due to the limited numbers that came out. Sometimes you'll see them one ebay and the prices go through the roof! If my memory serves me correctly I saw a rebel fighter pilot, Darth, and stormtrooper. I don't remember if there was a Boba, but again the lack of avalibility made the prices insane (like $600-1000 ea.):eek: As a rider myself it caught my interest too, but not for that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rebel pilot really seems like the only feasible one to me. All the others seem like they would have visibility problems.

ive seen the boba fett one before. what he did was painted a stock helmet, then used this see through film and put it on the current visor to give the illusion of having a T-visor, while not restricting his visibilaty. ill see if i can find the link

:lol: I was reading through this thread and didn't realize how old it was, then I saw my posting and got really confused "What? I just logged on how could I have posted already?" :lol:

I think my fett helmet as pretty decent visibility. Its probably just me, but I was able to sprint to a gas station, at night, jumping over bushes, curb sides, and anything else in between...while wearing it. I dont want to go into details as to why I was....

this thread is from 2006. it died before i was even a member here. but, lol, that rebel pilot biker is pretty durn cool.

I think my fett helmet as pretty decent visibility. Its probably just me, but I was able to sprint to a gas station, at night, jumping over bushes, curb sides, and anything else in between...while wearing it. I dont want to go into details as to why I was....

... ok well that is sure odd. im sure people were all ***?:lol:

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back