Alternative to servo

TeamFett

Well-Known Hunter
So I was talking to the guy at my local hobby shop about a servo in the helmet. He showed me one and they look kind of bulky and stick out some.

He suggested instead of a servo, I could use a two way R/C motor with a pulley and rubber belt setup ( I don't know what that is exactly). It would be lighter, smaller, and cheaper.

Any thoughts on this?

Also, how is the servo connected to the stalk. I did a search and I only found one setup where the servo gear goes inside the stalk, where it has ridges for it to fit. I can't do this because I'm going to have wires coming out of my hollow stalk for a battery.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

I think there's a tutorial around here somewhere where someone used one of those small RC cars and put the remote in their gauntlet. Think they might have been using a hollow stalk for theirs for the lights in the rangefinder. not sure I'll look to see if I can find it.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back