FS: Jet Pack Vent (bottom vent)

SingleSeat

Active Hunter
FS: Jetpack Vent (bottom vent)

In order to get the look I was after, I had a run of these machined (CNC Laser) from 1/8" black acrylic. I have 12 that I will sell for $8.00 each including shipping in the continental US (feel free to ask about International shipping w/your postal code).

They are very clean and sharp and recreate the look of the pack seen in the Art of Star Wars exhibit for an MLC pack, and if this is the look you're after, then I highly recommend them. (pictured is with the contact paper still attached next to an MLCv1)

---new pic added.

1. Sold: TK2647 *paid 18JUL06 *shipped 18JUL06
2. Sold: Propmaniac2 *paid 17JUL06 *shipped 18JUL06
3. Sold: Propmaniac2 *paid 17JUL06 *shipped 18JUL06
4. Sold: Texasfett *paid 17JUL06 *shipped 18JUL06
5. Sold: Texasfett *paid 17JUL06 *shipped 18JUL06
6. Sold: Drokkul *paid 22JUL06 *shipped 24JUL06
7. Sold: SoloChaser *paid 18JUL06 *shipped 18JUL06
8. Sold: SoloChaser *paid 18JUL06 *shipped 18JUL06
9. Sold: Prymer13 *arrangements made
10. Sold: ESBfett *pending payment
11. Sold: skirata *paid 18JUL06 *shipped 20JUL06
12. Sold: Droid Collector *paid 19JUL06 *shipped 20JUL06

Jp8120547 1.jpg

jpImage1.jpg

jpImage2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Laser cutting is top quality! You don't be disappointed in what you get.

How long did it take for each one to be cut?

GCNgamer128 said:
Laser cutting is top quality! You don't be disappointed in what you get.

How long did it take for each one to be cut?

True dat! I'm not quite sure of the time since I commissioned a local machinist to make this run.

Indy_Solo said:
Why are the vents running in opposite direction from the vents on the JP?

The Pre-Production packs, as well as the pack exhibited at the Magic of Myth, show a vent running fore-aft, while the the Art of Star Wars example shows a side-to-side vent plate. The reference picture above is that of an AoSW pack from Brak's TDH ref CD.

Most laser cutters charge $2.50 a minute, and it looks like this item may have taken a minute or just over to cut; you also have to look at the price of materials and blah blah blah. This is an extremely nice item and a great price. Nice clean edges... I love lasers :)

To all of those unaware, anything SS does is greatly researched, meticulously reproduced and worth every cent. This exact piece was my one concern in making my scratch-built. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Prymer13 said:
To all of those unaware, anything SS does is greatly researched, meticulously reproduced and worth every cent. This exact piece was my one concern in making my scratch-built. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

GCN, Prymer...Thanks for the compliments! Well I'm the first to admit that it's not perfect. It is a pretty sharp cut. Perfect is pretty hard to achieve, but I can tell you that these are perfect for an MLC or a scratchbuilt project.

Still two left!!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back