MY MSH2.. It has Begun.

...Now, I have a question. Once you set all the tee nuts in place etc and get them epoxied in place. How in the heck do you mark and then drill the holes so that the visor will bolt on in exactly the right place. Is there a method you used that I'm not thinking of? I'd imagine so...

I think you skipped a step......

You should take posterboard, or something flexible, and make a Template of your Cut visor, place it in and simply mark off/punch your holes through where you plan to recess your tee-nuts.... Do this BEFORE you epoxy your tee-nuts in....(y)
Using the same Template you can match up the holes on the visor, should match pretty close.....:) ....you can always make the holes in your visor a tad larger to give you some room to adjust your visor properly for a nice fit....

!!!CAUTION!!!: on the two holes at the bottom of your visor/ DRILL THOSE LAST!...:wacko
you don't want the drilled holes to be seen from the front of your helmet. So just make sure you don't drill to far toward the middle of the visor. (a little tricky).;)

hope that made sense??

Last edited by a moderator:
That is why I sent mine to Alex. He does awesome work on these helmets. I had to much into mine for me to mess it up.

I am gonna start a progress thread for my bucket soon. Unfortunatly my "roommate/landlord" decided that he doesnt want a room mate any more and is evicting me. Its funny because I was barely there the last 4 months. I had been working 13-15 hour days and only going home to sleep. Because of this all my work on my fett has stopped as I need to pack and move (again) sigh... :(

Well then I guess I will have a better looking AOSW bucket than you for a couple more months, MWUHAHAHA!:lol: Hey, you did do the right thing by mounting everything on the helmet beforehand. After my bucket is all painted, I found the top half of my rf ear sits really far from flush to the helmet. The problem is with the helmet itself, little higher in the middle than the edges where the ear mounts. I don't have the heart to rework it now, with it all painted. Hopefully I can work the ear itself. Just a lesson to all the kiddies......mount the parts to make sure they fit before you start.

Thanks to my good buddy Spideyfett I am now the proud owner of his MSH2

so I thought I would update this thread and show my progress on getting this bad boy painted

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back