request to make parts

cal, you know ive been doggin you for a helmet for awile now...hope you got me at the top of that list when they start coming out...still waiting to hear from you on the other goodies too...

My wife has become interested in getting this suit started. I can usualy understand not wanting to offer things anymor... being a prop maker and painter my self. But have you thought about selling off the rights to what you dont want to make. If not you should, zam. PM me with what ever info you can on this. Its not a rush job... but pointing me in the right direction would be a start. :)

I don't understand?

I don't understand?

I was just saying my wife wanted to do one of these costumes and start peiceing it together over the next six monts to a year but since the "key" parts seem to be ones you make or in this case made if you could point me in the right dirrection. I know my way around fett and vader but this zam thing seems to be your bag. It would also save me from reading a million threads. hehe :lol:

On the molds I was just saying, if your sick of doing them... sell them so other folks can still have access to it, unless your wanting to keep it to your self... thats a whole different deal. :D

Yvonne, you just mean the ovary bits as for "the lower armor" right?

Just cuious cause I actually made my own lower leather armor and attached your greeblies. Are you still making the ovary bits?

The whole lower armour from top hose connectors down was what I made for people before, I made six. All 6 sets were fully finished and attatched. We're still deciding whether or not we are still going to make those entire sets. I have the neoprene run and 5 greebs I have to worry about, so no, we aren't making them at this moment in time maybe in the future. Full sets fully finished is what we've made in the past.
frntLwrarmr1.jpg

And no, I am not going to sell my molds. To me, it'd be like selling off my infant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, Yvonne has got me back on Zam board. Since I have to make this stuff I want to gauge how many people are interested in the lower armor.

Hey all, Yvonne has got me back on Zam board. Since I have to make this stuff I want to gauge how many people are interested in the lower armor.

Just to clarify, Zam I Ain't is my husband, he did 70% of the work on these babies... don't let his post count fool ya.

Exactly... The only way I would get them is as a kit... Because I wont have to worry about matching this finish with my other pieces...

Sorry, I won't sell them as kits. The stomach plate is the only thing you would have to worry about and it's pretty much a different color than the rest of the suit, a dark brown-purple anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're worried about offering individual pieces I suppose you could still assemble them, just don't put any finish on them. Let the person dye with the same dyes they will use for their stuff and rub n buff etc. Actually, the only thing you would really have to do is assemble the ovary bits if you're worried about recasting. The rest of it can be taken apart anyway but the bits are a different story ;) It'd make it easier on you.

just my 2 cents :)

I tried to convince her to do kits before but it’s ultimately Yvonne's call on how she wants to offer them. It is a lot of work and it takes some skill to put them together. I would think for most people it would be easier to have us do them.

So there is only one person interested?

MaulMaus you hit the nail on the head. :lol:

Well, I'm interested then... I will have to repaint them once I get it, to perfect match all the rest of the costume, but ... I want it... (will be double cost but :( there's no other way).

So, remember please.. I was interested in the FABRIC, 5 GREEBLIES and LOWER ARMOR ;).

Thanks for your work !!!

Ben.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back