Question about chest diamond...

gunnerk19

Active Hunter
Hey guys, Happy 4Th!

Actually, this is a question and an observation I made while getting ROTJ screencaps; Is the silver center rectangle on the diamond piece raised or recessed? Everything I've seen about the armor led be to believe the rectangle was cut out with the silver plate mounted from the back...

That is until I saw this...
rotjfett10.gif

The silver center is stuck on the front :confused

'Course, it's possible that it's stunt armor, but there's that whole continuity thingy that gets me...:lol:

:lol:

Ya know, I almost forgot about that. This was talked about a couple of years ago, but I can't remember the outcome.

My personal opinion is that it's just an oddity, like last minute fix or repair before a scene, or maybe even stunt. Not sure. But the center diamonds on the exhibits are most definately recessed (y) But there is a catch ...

Although it is recessed, it does NOT appear that there is a metal plate behind it. I once thought this too. but in the pic below, it's pretty clear that not only is the center recessed, but there is an "Added" little plate that is stuck inside of the hole so to speak. That piece is probably metal. In the screencap, perhaps it was falling out, or wasn't completely fitted into the recessed area as it was meant to be ....

diamondcenter.jpg

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
FP

I think you should write a BOBA FETT encyclopedia!!

I am always amazed at your level of knowledge!!

fettpride said:
:lol:

Ya know, I almost forgot about that. This was talked about a couple of years ago, but I can't remember the outcome.

My personal opinion is that it's just an oddity, like last minute fix or repair before a scene, or maybe even stunt. Not sure. But the center diamonds on the exhibits are most definately recessed (y) But there is a catch ...

Although it is recessed, it does NOT appear that there is a metal plate behind it. I once thought this too. but in the pic below, it's pretty clear that not only is the center recessed, but there is an "Added" little plate that is stuck inside of the hole so to speak. That piece is probably metal. In the screencap, perhaps it was falling out, or wasn't completely fitted into the recessed area as it was meant to be ....

diamondcenter.jpg

FP

Thanks Darthmiller :lol:

To even further backup the observation, the above pic was AoSW. Here is a pic from MoM showing the "Glue" residue from where the insert was once mounted on that particular set of armor ....

diamondcenterglue.jpg

It's becoming more and more evident to me, that when they were playing with putting these suits together, they weren't as bright as we've given them credit for all these years. You have to understand that they were playing around "creating" this thing .. it was clumsy. They didn't have decades of research, reference, and TDH to help them out :lol: The metal plate behind the rectangle would have been much cooler, and in fact "easier" than cutting a matching insert to fit into an asymmetrical recess :lol: The rest of the suit is no different. Anomaly after anomaly ;)

Oh, and on a side note, I believe that the chest pieces that you see in that screen cap "ARE" the MoM. Not sure if that is already known or not, but I believe they are MoM. The left breast plate has the two larger dents, and the paint job matches pefectly. That's the "main" reason I chose this version for my own armor ;) Perhaps when the insert was installed on the MoM/Screencap armor, it was a much thicker insert, giving it that "raised" appearance we see in that screencap.

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
gunnerk19 said:
Well then, I guess either way is Screen Accurate :lol:

Kewlness, thanks FP!

:lol: Your welcome. But technically, no. One way would be "exhibit" accurate, and the other "screen" accurate ;)

batninja said:
Another thing...

I see the cape bundled up under his arm, but where is the attachment point?

It's hangin off his Jet Pack harness hook right at his backplate :lol:

FP

I just found this thread and thought I would re-open it with a new question.

Was the center diamond piece made of a "reflective" material. I remember some pics that were taken of the displayed costume where the center piece reflected the flash like it had a "shine" or "sheen" to it like the vest.
Yes / No :confused

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back