Scratchbuilt collar studs...

drokkul

Well-Known Hunter
What does everybody think about these? I posted pics with some things that seem to be the other popular items to use for this purpose to kind of give you an idea of their size and shape:

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01468.jpg

Any input?

200th Post (y)

TeamFett said:
Do the studs have a taper? And whats the clear thingy?

They look good. Resin?

They have a slight taper from top surface to bottom surface, but not from front side facing to rear side. Kind of a 3D trapezoid.

The clear thing is a furniture bumper (rubber foot), they come in differnet sizes, but this is the only one I had here for reference.

Yep resin. Thanks!

They were originaly made from keys from a "adding machine" not a computer key board. We had a old one at my work that "disappeared":rolleyes and the keys turned up at my house.:lol: IMO there spot on. If some one know different, please say so. And they do look very close to the ones you've made Drokkul(y)

pennywise said:
They were originaly made from keys from a "adding machine" not a computer key board. We had a old one at my work that "disappeared":rolleyes and the keys turned up at my house.:lol: IMO there spot on. If some one know different, please say so. And they do look very close to the ones you've made Drokkul(y)

Thanks! That was the look I was trying to capture. The hardest part was getting them symmetrical. It's funny I should worry about that when no one that worked on the movies did!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back