Making a clay mold............

psberetta

Active Hunter
I want to make a FEM-MANDO chest mold for my wife and was wondering what type of clay to use. Also, I want to box it in and pour silicone over it so I can cast it.
I can't find NOTHING to my liking so I want to give this a try.

What I really need to know is ......."Do I need to put a release agent on the clay before I pour the silicone over it?" and if I do, what do I use ?

Thanks,
-Tim-

If you are using GI-1000 (Blue) Silicone then a release isn't needed because it's not resistant to Water.(If you use a Green Roma Plastilina with Sulphur in it then you will have a problem).

The cheapest clay to use is WED and depending on where you live, there are various suppliers.

If I'm sculpting a quick sculpt and don't have a big budget for the project I'll use WED Clay, it's fast an easy.

If you want to make the sculpt almost perfect and give it a machine Smooth finish then I suggest that you use Chavant clay (That's what Robocop was sculpted out of).

Chavant does have a website, just do a google search to find it.

kay so I pour the silicone over my sculpt. I make sure to put locks and keys in... what are they made of? I want to work in fiberglass will I pour it directly in or put in the cloth then the goop? will fiberglass need a release agent? The female breast plate thing intrigues me too but from a stormtrooper stand point. I just want to get the process down before I fully commit to a project.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back