The Jango Fett helmet prelude has ended!!!!

SEEKER said:
One more post before I pack it for Comic Con. :D

Dude, this pic says it all ...

realfpjango9.jpg

Just, damn :eek:

Great job man ! Take care out there, and have fun for me too :lol:

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

The helmet is great and the mold is fantastic... very movie accurate.
I just wanted to say that the "dark blue" elements on the Jango Fett Helmet are made with a "Goffrato Paint" ! This is a particolar antiscratch paint, used to realize elements and items of home furnishing.

Darth Steven said:
Hi there,

I just wanted to say that the "dark blue" elements on the Jango Fett Helmet are made with a "Goffrato Paint" ! This is a particolar antiscratch paint, used to realize elements and items of home furnishing.

Thank you. I'll look into those colors.

FP - Thanks again.

Spideyfett said:
TURO TURO TURO.................................ummmm I think you just made me into a Jango Fan!!...........

Can I touch it???:lol:

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

:p offcourse you can. but dont rub to hard cuz it might get shinnier.

Seeker do you have inside pics??? just curious how flush the visor is on the top part...(y) ...again looks fantastic..!!:cheers

Thanks

Alex

Darth Steven said:
Hi there,

Would you care to give us some more information about this? We have been trying to find out the actual colors used and this is the first we've heard of this paint. Any information would be appreciated.

I'm reading the Goffrato Paints are commonly used to paint Aluminum. So we might be up to something here. It looks Italian. All the websites I have visited talk about painting aluminum with Groffrato paints.

NICE!!!

We just need to find the colors!!

Good. I will help... Not that I can much; being very green to the whole Jango thing. Still, I'm good with color so if I find something I'll let you know what I think.. Keep it up Seeker!

Btw everyone, It's things like this that give FP the right to be "the Godfather". If he wants to be...:lol:

Hi there,

In Italy the “Goffrato” indicates a special embossed paint.
More material can be finished with this paint : metal, plastic, MDF, wood.
You must have the correct paint and a eventual primer to use on every specific surface …
Exist one transparent embossed paint that you can apply directly on the colored surface, or it mix together the acrylic or poliurethanic paint. I prefer to use a colored embossed paint because if you apply too much transparent film on the color surface you can risking the effect “whitening of the color”.

You must know the density degree of the “embossed paint”, too.
I have many images of the original Jango Fett, ( arena version ) measured, molds, ecc…from the “Star Wars : the show” in Milan. I have been able to see and TOUCH the Jango helmet, and the rest of the armor. The density of the embossed paint is very very small…

..... one example of pictures from the original Jango Helmet.
In this case the quality of the pictures is not perfect ( ... litte light, sorry ) but you can note the opacity and maybe the small embossed on the dark blue.

DSCN1389.JPG

To me it looks liket the blue swatch in the middle. I've always thought it leaned more towards the blue-green (aqua) instead of the blue-purple (royal).

Thanks goldenrod.... as I said to FP, I'll try to help you !

Gino said:
To me it looks liket the blue swatch in the middle. I've always thought it leaned more towards the blue-green (aqua) instead of the blue-purple (royal).

This pictures is not perfect and the colors are very "green"... :(
by the real vision the first color is very similar on the Jango Helmet, you have my insurance : this color is RAL5000 ( violet blue ). The european RAL colors are used as reference standard colors.
Also, as you can notice, the "violet blue" paint have a surface like a "orange peel"... a typical effect of the "embossed paint" ( goffrato ).
See the pictures of the Range finder : the color is more similar of the real.

Real_JFRF.JPG

Amazing helmet !!!

Please, Fettpride, check my PM, ans answer me when you can PLEASE !!! I dont want to miss this oportunity !!!

I could never forgive myself for loosing this train !!!

Ben.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back