Prepro helmet v.2 project

Much of my time has been spent on a small exhibition that will open next Friday, but i'm thinking of working on it this weekend.
It's pretty much just the RF stalk and ears that will need some work. A friend will photograph it when it's completed.

For now just a little thing i put together in PS:

prepro_compare.jpg

The original is on the left and mine is on the right.
Please note that i altered the colors and contrast + added some noise just to get it to match the photo. The RF and rest of the suit is the original. I just added the helmet. The differences are quite big. Just look at the dome and the earpiece. Also the scratches do not line up as good as i wanted:/
BUT...overall i'm pretty satisfied :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ...Great color matching Micke!!!
That looks fantastic...
Please post more pics when you're done....(y)

Thanks Micke:cheers

Much of my time has been spent on a small exhibition that will open next Friday, but i'm thinking of working on it this weekend.
It's pretty much just the RF stalk and ears that will need some work. A friend will photograph it when it's completed.

For now just a little thing i put together in PS:

prepro_compare.jpg

The original is on the left and mine is on the right.
Please note that i altered the colors and contrast + added some noise just to get it to match the photo. The RF and rest of the suit is the original. I just added the helmet. The differences are quite big. Just look at the mainshape and the earpiece. Also the scratches do not line up properly:/
BUT...overall i'm pretty satisfied :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, guys:) I think the colors i used are close, but please keep in mind that i altered the colors in Photoshop in the last picture just to make them match more..I was just playing around with it.

I was finally able to do some more work on the helmet yesterday. I misted it gently with some grey primer + i installed the cirquitboard behind the keyholes in the rear. I also completed the earcap and painted it. Not so sure if i need a acrylic wash or not afterall.

These are now the remaining things:

-Make the RF-stalk thinner
-Drill out the RF-top in order to fit the stalk
-Glue the earcap on
-Add padding inside the helmet.
-Weather the ear-pieces.

Shouldnt be too long now:)

07.jpg

A new pic!

You can probably make out the misting i added. It really helps everything come together. You can also see the 2 stubs in the rear that i added to the cirquitboard. Soon i will weather the ears + cap and thinning out the RF-stalk:)

Wow! Love that helmet. Fantastic work there. :cheers.

btw- I love the long vertical scratches across the back of the bucket.

07.jpg

A new pic!

You can probably make out the misting i added. It really helps everything come together. You can also see the 2 stubs in the rear that i added to the cirquitboard. Soon i will weather the ears + cap and thinning out the RF-stalk:)

You have no idea how close that is to the real deal... great detailing work and colormatching... and you got the attitude right on as well! Few attemt that paiint job but I cant get enough of it. You should do the EYES version next if you havnt allready! Top shelf man! (y) (y) (y) :D

Theres not alot I can offer this thread as far as folks interested in persuing there own Prepro paint job other then this since the photos I have, I dont have permission to post them. However I pulled color swatches from them. These are from the helmet being shot indoors with really good even colorless light. In my opinion these are THE colors. But Micke did such a good job matching them allready I almost dont see the pont in posting them other then to back up his color selections. :)

Preprocolors.jpg

Hello, I have done a comparison of caps and have improved the previous one. If you do not want that it puts them you say it to me, no problem. A brilliant job Evan ;) :

Sin título-1 copia.jpg

prepro_compare.jpg

Thanks for the complimets guys. I really appreciate it:)

Sorry..no new pis yet.

The remaining things are the stalk, RF, weather the ears and padding the inside. Should'nt take long. Lately my days have been filled up with
oher stuff..It should however be done before christmas;)

Soon soon..
Tomorrow i will paint the ears and hopefully be able to start on the RF:)

I´m glad i could help out. Please post your progress when you start:)
There´s not many of us Prepro guys, so it´s cool seeing new people doing them:)

-Mikael

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back