How are TDH'ers currently attaching there LEDS?

evan4218

Active Hunter
What the title says... I am curious to how some of you are currently attaching your LED displays into your vests/chestarmor.

Any pics along with discriptions of some methods you guys have used would be helpful.

Thanks

evan4218 said:
What the title says... I am curious to how some of you are currently attaching your LED displays into your vests/chestarmor.

Any pics along with discriptions of some methods you guys have used would be helpful.

Thanks

velcro -so it can be removed for any repairs/movement.

i do cut out a window in the vest. having it inbetween vest and armor looked lousy on me.

my board is tacked in place with hot glue then duct taped to really hold it. yes, i use duct tape on the inside of my costume ;)

i've been meaning to take some photos since i have both a tk409 and a shackman display at the moment. if i get off my butt, i'll take one of the vest-hole too.

I have a Clark James board which is more compact than either the shackman or the TK409. I cut a window in the vest and duct taped the board to the back of the chest plate. Here are some pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

evan4218 said:
Is that a magnet system with fubber backs for the armor I see there??

Very interesting, more info on this please!!!
Nope, not a magnet system for the chest pieces. I used screw posts through gromets in the vest and washers and nuts on the inside. I did use magnets along the top and back of the vest to hold the vest close to the collar armor & back plate when I put those two pieces on over my head.

More info on the bolt method here:
http://forums.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=7241

tk7602 said:
sweet! i'm not the only taper! :)
Great minds think alike. ;)

Gator

I have the SHACKMAN set. Long time ago, I've made a window on the vest, with a separate pocket for the second circuit AND battery. The LED circuit part is hot glued to the chest armor via a custom box made of SINTRA, that I've designed to protect the circuit from water, dust, and to easily plug and unplug the ribbon cable. It fits snug and as close as possible to reduce profile. The box is assembled with SUPER GLUE.

Also as a note, I made a really small frame, black plastic, to cover around and between every 4 LEDs (20 total divided by 5 groups) from the SHACKMAN top lights, to reduce the light projection to other LEDs at either side and create the proper effect.

EYFFK-Chestlightbox1.png

ERVXX-Chestlightbox2.png

TUVVA-Chestlightbox3.png

The magnets are no longer an attachment method for the chest armor, which I substituted long time ago with snaps. (thanks Bobafettish). ;)

Robert

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back