Blaster shoulder strap?

SarlaccBits

Active Hunter
I was wondering how many people have attached shoulder straps to their blasters and how did you do it?

Also, if you dont have a shoulder strap, how do you carry the thing around? Do you just hold it the whole time? Doesnt it get a little heavy?

Thanks all!
:)

I have a couple of the brass rifle stock "eyes" that I predrilled and screwed into the butt of my blaster handle and into the bottom of the stock.

I'll see if I can find pics...

ESB blaster has the sling/strap

ROTJ doesn't

If you are doing ESB... you could just go to the home depot and get acouple of small brass eye-screws, than get two small (3/4") metal rings... or you could even use some small key-rings. Screw the eye-screws into the stock and grip, than put a metal ring onto each of the eyes.

As far as the sling it self.... just dig around at the good-will, find a skinny old leather belt and cut it up.

Anyway, that would be a cheap way of doing it.... not what I personaly did... but still an option.

My blaster weighs around 5lbs ... its' fairly heavy for a blaster. I find it best to switch hands every now and then. It's also not so heavy if you hold it near its center of mass.

I just bought some D-ring clasps which have two screw holes each to attach to the stock with. I bought some scrap leather from Fabric Depot and I am in the process of making the strap so that it is strong enough to sling the blaster. I'll post/send pictures when I'm done if anyone's interested.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back