pleased to meet you all - newbie here -

spring heeled

New Hunter
hey all, how is every1?

I recently bought a fiberglass helmet on ebay I got it real cheap so wasn't expecting anything 2 great am happy juist to have a helmet to practice on :love . The guy who sold it sent it right away and was nice enough to point me here for sum advice. heres the helmet

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6062967210&fromMakeTrack=true

so I was hoping that mabye sum 1 could tell me where I should start, how to repair those crack's and r.f ear cap or where i could get one from.

thx loads for any help

Hello, and welcome...

I cant see any cracks or the Rangfinder, could you post pics of it? Also it looks like its a caste of a Rubies Jango Helmet, cause of the way the left earcap is fat at the top and thin at the bottom, like you said its something to work on. not a bad price for it.

yes I remember you.............I bid on it, too(chewiepal)!!!!:lol:
but well, I like to know that someone from here will start with it a proyect...
btw, tell me where you live, so I could go to take my bucket?:D
good luck!

Hey everyone,

thx for the quick responses and warm welcomes :D

there were pics on photobucket but they where taken down

so am waiting for the pics to be sent as the fracture lines don't show up on my crappy camera.

for the cracks am gonna try bondo thou still not sure about the R.F ear cap as the part that holds the R.F on is snaped.

thx again for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
cal196 said:
Also it looks like its a caste of a Rubies Jango Helmet, cause of the way the left earcap is fat at the top and thin at the bottom. QUOTE]

I asked the guy from star wars helmets.com about the origin as he used to have the same one and he thought it was cast from a Don Post Boba. I filed off the borden bit before painting it.

A big thx 4 that paul :)

well that's basically how it's looking just now i got sum body filler to try cover up the crack's and scratches. I know seem's like a shame to undo your original work, but it's my first helm so am prepared to put in the time and love. was just wondering if it's ok 2 wet sand over the auto body filler or how 2 go about smoothing out the helmet?

many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have thought it's ok to wet sand body filler but you may be better off making a post in the Propbuilding forum.
No problems undoing my work, can't wait to see your progress on it.

Finally listed my costume on ebay.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back