My reworked E-bay nightmare...

1st casting from the mold of my master stock greeblie #1:
DSC01437.jpg

I was kind of doing this one in poorly lit place and didn't catch a couple of the air bubbles. I like to pour the resin and then go around with a disection kit pointer to pull out the bubbles. I figure the less clean up there is to do the less time it takes to get painted and used!!!

I'm about 50% done with the second stock greeblie and will post a pic of it when finished.

Thanks for all the great comments everybody!!(y)

Finished the master for the second stock greeblie today and thought I would update the thread with a new pic:
DSC01445.jpg

So off I go to mix up some silicone and catalyst!

:eek: :eek:

Dude, that's Insane!! Your master looks better than the real thing they cast off of for the movie...

Now, should you ever decide to make masters of the double banded scope mounts, that would be cool too (hint, hint)!

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: :eek: :love :love :love
Where's the SEEKER's "SEAL OF APPROVAL" (amazed) pic when you need it??? This is AMAZING! Keep the good work and the updates. Looking great!

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I started this thread with showing the original gun so I would be remiss without showing the original quality stock greeblies!

Here they are grouped with the ones I've made and painted:
DSC01460.jpg

In retrospect I like the originals so much I may just use those instead...:wacko

Would anybody be interested in getting a set of these (4 pieces in all)? If so, I could post someting in the Cargo Hold or you could just PM me. I promise nice casts with minimal prep work!

Hadn't updated in a while so I thought I would post a few pics with the stock greeblies on...the blaster tip added...and some drybrushed "Boltgun Metal"

I think I may go back and drybrush some more black over some of the rust areas to tone down the rust some. Good idea? Bad idea?
DSC01494.jpg

DSC01498.jpg

DSC01504.jpg

It´s really wet in the Sarlac, isn´t it ? ;-)

Good work, bro, it looks 1000 times better than the poor "thing" you got from ebay. The rust is too much IMO , remove a little bit and you can be proud of a very nice prop !

Greets
tk2647

It's been a long while since I updated this thread and thought I would throw something on here with a little more progress.

I airbrushed over the gun some and will fine tune weathering once I'm done and happy with the overall mechanical look of the gun.

Added the bombracks.

Made a close-to version of the scope rings from a different scope mount from a $3.00 scope from eBay.

And used the eBay scope plus part of the scope that came with the blaster originally to make it look more like a asi.

Please comment on the placement of the scope!!!! (I haven't placed the frontmost mount block yet)

I wan't to make sure that is as close to the original placement as possible before I mount the other block. Thanks!!!!

DSC01741.jpg

just out of curiosity, who did you buy it from on ebay? so that others will know to steer clear of them, unless they have the time and patience to work magic like you have.

just out of curiosity, who did you buy it from on ebay? so that others will know to steer clear of them, unless they have the time and patience to work magic like you have.

Probably no issue with that. I bought this thing years ago and as I recall the seller had no other prop items for sale or any listed in their feedback.

The seller may not have even known that he was selling off a piece of crud. Afterall I was kind of happy with it when I first got it.

I'm a LOT happier with it now, though;)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back