GCN's ESB Bucket Progress.

GCNgamer128

Sr Hunter
Well it's not really progress. I never took any photos during the painting for my digital camera is broken. I just posted this now so I could get on TDH tomorrow and post photos when the sun is out so I can have nice photos :D

I hope everyone likes the bucket when I post the photos!

The helmet's origin is a Don Post recast, I can't tell what year. I have a '95 Don Post, and it's definately not a cast of that. The helmet has great shape, and great flare. The RF is cast out of clear resin, and there is a window in the top and bottom so one can see through when the RF is put to the lower position. It's impossible to see clearly when there is no visor, so I'm sure it was a waste of time to go out of my way to make it clear when I install a visor.

The painting is done completely by me with no professional training or help. I know it may not be an AFFO$, Ruffkin, MS, or JFJ bucket, but I was quite proud of myself for a first bucket paint job.

Thanks AFFO$ for the list of spraypaints I'd need.

Well I got impatient on wating for a digital camera, these were taken with my webcam.

Full bucket shot.
Picture026.gif

The dent and kill stripes.
Picture027.gif

Kill stripes and left ear.
Picture028.gif

Back right effed up area of the bucket.
Picture029.gif

Back left effed up area of the bucket.
Picture030.gif

The right ear.
Picture031.gif

Clear resin rangefinder with slit in top so it "might" work.
Picture032.gif

My backpack's got jets.
Picture033.gif

Finally I have some pictures of my new bucket taken on a DIGITAL CAMERA. My old one apparently still works... eh. I'm glad I'm not stuck with using the webcam anymore now that I have my digicam back.

DPRecastBucket1.gif

DPRecastBucket2.gif

DPRecastBucket3.gif

DPRecastBucket4.gif

DPRecastBucket5.gif

DPRecastBucket6.gif

DPRecastBucket7.gif

DPRecastBucket8.gif

DPRecastBucket9.gif

DPRecastBucket10.gif

DPRecastBucket11.gif

DPRecastBucket12.gif

DPRecastBucket13.gif

I had to take these pictures in my neighbor's yard, hah, they came pulling up their driveway on about the 6th picture too. As you guys can see, I'm proud of my Garrison ;).

Woo! Finished helmet!
DPRecastBucket14.gif

DPRecastBucket15.gif

DPRecastBucket16.gif

DPRecastBucket17.gif

DPRecastBucket18.gif

DPRecastBucket19.gif

DPRecastBucket20.gif

DPRecastBucket21.gif

Boba with the, "myspace style," bathroom mirror photo.
DPRecastBucket22.gif

Out in the sun on the mailbox.
DPRecastBucket23.gif

DPRecastBucket24.gif

DPRecastBucket25.gif

DPRecastBucket26.gif

Boba in the sun.
DPRecastBucket27.gif

More Fett in the bathroom in full armour.
DPRecastBucket28.gif

DPRecastBucket29.gif

DPRecastBucket30.gif

Ahh, the self satisfaction of painting your own helmet.
DPRecastBucket31.gif

Very nice job there. I like the picture of the cat coming out to inspect the helmet as your taking the shot! :)

Looks very, very nice! You should be proud of yourself!

Great job on the helmet! The suit looks great too. I hate to be the one to break it to you though, after all your hard work. Your suit is all backwards in the full shots, you need to switch everything..................oh, wait a second! J/K :lol:

Great job! (y)

MandalorFett said:
Great job on the helmet! The suit looks great too. I hate to be the one to break it to you though, after all your hard work. Your suit is all backwards in the full shots, you need to switch everything..................oh, wait a second! J/K :lol:

Great job! (y)
Woo! I could have just mirrored the pictures, but they'd it be odd when you were to see it were in a mirror!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back