Lizean Akai - Custom Fem'mando (Concept Pics)

Wow, that really looks great. You should contact Badkitty on this site. She's designing an original female Mando too.

The design, colors, concept and artwork all look great. I would only suggest a couple things which you might think about. Use ammo pouches that resemble the Fett's and possibly collar armor as a nod to your Mando predecessors (along with the iconic Mando helmet you've already got). Also, I like the cape idea, but I'm not sure if having the shoulder bells on the cape will work well if the cape moves freely. If the shoulders are under the cape on a vest, then problem solved, or if you use collar armor the cape could be attached to it w/o the shoulders on the cape.

Well, there's my .02 cents (alright, about .35 cents). Great job and take progress pics. (y)

MandalorFett said:
Wow, that really looks great. You should contact Badkitty on this site. She's designing an original female Mando too.

The design, colors, concept and artwork all look great. I would only suggest a couple things which you might think about. Use ammo pouches that resemble the Fett's and possibly collar armor as a nod to your Mando predecessors (along with the iconic Mando helmet you've already got). Also, I like the cape idea, but I'm not sure if having the shoulder bells on the cape will work well if the cape moves freely. If the shoulders are under the cape on a vest, then problem solved, or if you use collar armor the cape could be attached to it w/o the shoulders on the cape.

Well, there's my .02 cents (alright, about .35 cents). Great job and take progress pics. (y)

i agree on the shoulders and the cape, but it looks great! If i didnt draw myself, i would pay you to do a drawing for me!

Oh, about the cape! It was completely intentional, I should post a reference of her backside and I think the idea I have down would be more appearent. The actual cape is kind of like a shawlXscarf hybrid. So there's the shoulder/collarbone portion that fits like a shawl, with strands like a scarf that overlap over the shoulders via the clips up there and dangle. When I get more time this weekend, I'll clean up a reference for this.

Sounds cool. What material are you thinking of using for the shawl? A leather or something sturdy like that would be cool.
I think the overall idea is very cool. You've got a really creative look there.

MandalorFett said:
Sounds cool. What material are you thinking of using for the shawl? A leather or something sturdy like that would be cool.
I think the overall idea is very cool. You've got a really creative look there.

Well I was thinking towards a heavy canvas or pleather, I'm still deciding of course. An idea I floating around is to have the scarfing to be pleather on the outside with the inside lining as canvas. Any opinions on this?

Canvas colors I have at the moment:
fabricswatches001.jpg

Hydra,

That's a mean looking Fem'Mando, looking at your drawing style , reminds me of sombody here in Holland.
I might be mistaken, but I can't seem to help seeing a bit of Lara Croft in the concept. I mean that as a compliment.

I like the idea of a Mandolorian Pet aswell, I guess I have seen Pictures somewhere of Boba fett walking around with a Corellian Slice hound, anyway im really into the Pet thing.

The Armor looks very tricky to make, wish you much of luck with that, the boots are very mean looking also,with the row of spikes ontop of the boots.

I should keep the color scheme, very Original in my opinion.

Anyhow very much of luck, with your project

Last edited by a moderator:
For the chest mold. If you have someone you don't mind seeing you naked, look up "duct tape dummy". It's a real cheap way to make a mold of your body similiar to the plaster cast.

Ahaha I've already went through that pain last year:
aaductaped.jpg
and lets just say that ductape generally doesn't conform to one's body "perfectly". :lol:
Thanks anyways for the suggestion.

Hydra, this concept is looking awesome. I agree with you, you shuld use the Rubies Jango. It will need some modification to look nicer, but since you're not doing either a Jango or a Boba, accuracy is only what looks good in your mind. While you're modifying, I'd also extend the ridge over the top of the helmet with a couple thin sintra sheets layered, and modelling putty. I think that'd look good with your colour scheme, the way the white stripe goes over the top. Perhaps some extra gadgets would look cool too, to make it look less like a modified rubies jango bucket.

I also really like your fusion of leather straps with the armour pieces, and the extended cape. Perhaps like some others have said, the shoulder/collar part would look good if it was rigid, perhaps covering a rigid shoulder/collar piece with the cape cloth.

This is such an awesome design, I can't wait to see some progress pics, let alone the finished item.

Good luck,

Adam

Yeah, I remember using trash-bags/ duct and masking tape to make a manequin of myself to wear some armor for a school project one time. Yeah, its a bitch to get out of. anyway, thanks for the help, i've been trying to figure out a low-cost way of making femmando chest armor since my girlfriend said she'd be interseted in playing a mando.

Anyway, thanks for the help, i'm off to go mod some gauntlets.

Simply beautiful imaginative work!! I love the concept and the design details! I will be watching this thread to see how it all comes together.

I recently was reading about using plastic wrap instead of duct tape to create a body block. It looked a lot better than the old duct tape method. Just remember to have the AC running.

Vac forming or fiberglassing are definitely the best methods for this type of armor.

Damn Cool! Thanks for sharing.

Alan

WOW! Very impressive and very Original!

If TDH members get together to do a Mandalorian Wars Movie/Fanfilm this should definitely be included!

I also look forward to seeing this completed...WOW!

Hydra said:
Ahaha I've already went through that pain last year:
aaductaped.jpg
and lets just say that ductape generally doesn't conform to one's body "perfectly". :lol:
Thanks anyways for the suggestion.

I totally think this picture needs to be bigger. ;)

And the rest of the set:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back