EE-3 Build

stonerook

Active Hunter
Took about 6 hours to build (not counting dry times)

ee3_1%28small%29.jpg

ee3_2%28small%29.jpg

ee3_3%28small%29.jpg

ee3_4%28small%29.jpg

Parts used to make this:

Sidewinders Resin cast of the original gun (he also provided the pvc tube for the front barrel, the muzzle, the pvc rings in the middle, and the scope blocks)

Scope by Braks Buddy

F4 greeb by Asok

Stock greeb's by Ebay

T-Track by www.blast-tech.com

Bondo/CA/Squadron putty, black and gray Krylon spray paint, styrene.

Rust effects achieved with "RustAll" - highly recommend if you want that "rusty" look. www.rustall.com

Steps of assembly -

Glue it together, patched the holes, seams, made the "ridge" greeb for the middle, primer coat (gray primer), then spray black.

after drying - used rustall to rust it.

Still have to zap it with dull coat - but I'm going to add some more detail dirt.

Thanks for all the inspiration and help on this project - TDH rules!

That looks really good! May I suggest you make some scope mount clamps from styrene and add them to your rig. That was passed on to me when I entered my final stages of completion.

Man these Sidewinder kits are all coming out great. I may have to break down and get one. I really like the rust-all too. Great job(y)

mrgr8ness said:
Man these Sidewinder kits are all coming out great. I may have to break down and get one. I really like the rust-all too. Great job(y)

Highly recommend them too!

I had the Pre-finished version of his kit - so my "fins" are rubber, and the tubing is all pvc.

I figured with my fumble fingers, the resin fins would break - and I wanted to get that rubber feeling....

Plus it is flaking off the paint - just like in the movies (y)

Buckeye_01 said:
That looks really good! May I suggest you make some scope mount clamps from styrene and add them to your rig. That was passed on to me when I entered my final stages of completion.

thanks for the suggestion - but the scope was cast with those brackets, but I didn't realize that till I mounted it with CA.

I should of grinded out two slots to fit on the stock stands, then it would of worked out right -

next time (y)

I plan on getting another one - just for backup !

this is really good........it is the flash or it is a little "shinny"? what I have done with mine is use a 3M sponge(yep, sorry for the publicity :p) in all the surface, so it loose the shinness and have a "used" look..............try it, and tell what you think...........I used this in all the props, armor, JP, all........and works........
anyway, is a great B....be proud....

EE-3 BOBA CARABINE2.JPG

chewiepal said:
this is really good........it is the flash or it is a little "shinny"? what I have done with mine is use a 3M sponge(yep, sorry for the publicity :p) in all the surface, so it loose the shinness and have a "used" look..............try it, and tell what you think...........I used this in all the props, armor, JP, all........and works........
anyway, is a great B....be proud....

I haven't hit it with "dull coat" yet.

I still have to splatter some black on it - put some flecks on it - then I will dull it.

I also like to wait a few days for the paint to "set" before I hit it with dull/clear coat - I've had to many undercoats "bubble" up when I do it too soon.

Your gun looks great!

stonerook said:
thanks for the suggestion - but the scope was cast with those brackets, but I didn't realize that till I mounted it with CA.

I should of grinded out two slots to fit on the stock stands, then it would of worked out right -

next time (y)

I plan on getting another one - just for backup !

That was my reply to the same comment. :lol:

See this post for a much better description

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showpost.php?p=164178&postcount=17

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back