Boots CA BOOTS/ Weathering

great!! finally someone makes the sole yellowish aswell!!!

awesome tutorial Spidey!! :cheers

this is gonna help alot of people.

I don't agree with them being fitting for ESB if you're going for full 100% accuracy (wich is a pain in the ****** with ESB, I know)

I think ESB boots are much, much darker, with the weathering of the jumpsuit being more intense on the lower parts of the legs... so they don't make that much of a contrast with the jumpsuit and they are not as "coloured" as the MoM pics etc.

RBF said:
great!! finally someone makes the sole yellowish aswell!!!

awesome tutorial Spidey!! :cheers

this is gonna help alot of people.

I don't agree with them being fitting for ESB if you're going for full 100% accuracy (wich is a pain in the ****** with ESB, I know)

I think ESB boots are much, much darker, with the weathering of the jumpsuit being more intense on the lower parts of the legs... so they don't make that much of a contrast with the jumpsuit and they are not as "coloured" as the MoM pics etc.

THANKS RBF

And I would have to agree with you on them being darker for ESB.
Sorry about the BAD pics but these are all I had of a full shot of the ESB Fett. You can cleary see the Boots will need to be DARKER if you are doing an ESB.....Good Call RBF!!(y)

I think the Lighting on some of my pics is mis-leading, and changes the color in some shots.

bobaesb_2feet.jpg

Boba_Fett_933feet.jpg

Great tutorial Spidey !!!

They don't even resemble CA boots anymore, stunning work they look fantastic..
I was going to ask about sealing them with something for fear of getting caught out on a Troop in the rain, but I see you've covered that also.

(y)

BTW thats a great looking ESB Fett there Galactic Bounty Hunter

WOW!! thanks Spidey

hey buddy...you got one of my boots done ...does this mean I have to use your tutorial and do the other one myself??:lol: :lol:

Great thats mind blowing! I was gonna ask for pics on CA BOOTS,because I am going to invest in some. Awesome work!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spideyfett said:
There really is no right or wrong answer in terms of the exact ratio....the more water the lighter the pigment. It's that simple.(y)

Keep in mind these boots are almost like canvas material...if you've ever painted with water and acrylics on canvas then you know that water is your friend. ;) If it's too light make it darker...to dark, make it lighter...and add water for less pigment... works the same.

And the weathering is just that, very random, no paint by numbers here..:lol: ..REF PICS REF PICS!!

I hope that helped???:facepalm

Thanks Spidey... My original idea was to work with them on in the garden (nice and dusty/dirty) but this would work better and less chance of me ruining them...:)

I really don't think the boots are substantially darker in ESB. In fact the weathering seems to match the ones at AOSW precisely. I think the percieved 'darkness' is from the lighting of the photos, and perhaps slight fading if they were used in the desert scenes in ROTJ like the jumpsuit and gloves...though I don't know if they actually were used in those scenes.

saturday I'm going to meet Jeremy Bulloch so I'm touching up my costume.

A new scratch build blaster is out of the question but I'm making a but plate as we speak and... yes... toe spikes...

I was thinking of drilling in holes into those boots and plunge shooting leds into them... a metal strip over them and screw that into place... voila...

think the soles would support some sort of glue or anything?

This is a bit of-topic... sorry Spidey...

just figured you disected the boot by now judging by your tutorial... :p

Pft, this tutorial is a waste of time if you go to high school, just wear them around campus for a few days. ;-)

Thanks for the tips Spidey!

GCNgamer128 said:
Pft, this tutorial is a waste of time if you go to high school, just wear them around campus for a few days. ;-)

Thanks for the tips Spidey!

I AGREE!!! I wear mine to school almost every day, and they are being worn out physically, as well as verbally.

GCNgamer128 said:
I usually say, "They are my Boba Fett boots, I'd wear the spikes but the administration would get upset." ;)

that is your first step in ruining your social life... don't say I didn't warn ya :p

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back