Custom Mandalorian MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P

Man...now you're really making me want to learn how to fiberglas and mold so that I can make my own.

This roxxorz.

JoNich said:
Man...now you're really making me want to learn how to fiberglas and mold so that I can make my own.

This roxxorz.

JoNich, this is what doing a custom is all about! You can't make anymistakes. You just go with the flow bud! All you need to get started are the basics. Get yourself a fiberglass helmet to experiment with, there's lots of deals around if your patient. Buy a can of bondo glass or bondo jelly, I even use them as my glue. I use MDF and sintra to make up the parts.

Of course the more tools you have access too will determine the complexity of your design but with a dremel and a sander you can get started.

I hope by doing this I can inspire a few guys dive in and let their imaginations loose!

If anyone has questions on build ups feel free to drop me a PM!

MS

MARROW SUN said:
Buy a can of bondo glass or bondo jelly, I even use them as my glue. I use MDF and sintra to make up the parts.

Where would one find such items as Bondo Glass or Jelly? I have only seen Bondo Spot Glazing Putty.

Would a fiberglas helmet with all those pieces "glued on" hold up as well as a cast of it? I guess I'm trying to ask...if I make a helmet like so, would I need to cast it for extra sturdyness?

You can find those bondo products at wal-mart for sure in the automotive section. Don't even waste your money on glazing putty.
My helmet is extreamly sturdy. I guess if I were to drop it some pieces might end up broken but that could be said for any helmet. You can also go the route of bolting on pieces.
You have to remember to rough up the sides that will be glued together to ensure a good bond.

Now thats a Custom Mando !!!

I've seen a few custom Mando's that are nothing more then boba's/Jango's painted a diffrent color sceme, while cool in their own right, to me it just doesn't qualify as a "custom".

Please I beg you, If you make a set of armor for yourself for this bad boy, get as creative with the armor layout/patterns as you have with the helmet, Mando's to me all had diffrent unique armor plate patterns, if you look around in the EU at some of the drawings you'll find this.

Outstanding job bro (y)

Hey! I recognize that circular vent in the rear of the helmet ...

That's a respiratory mask filter ring isn't it? :lol:

Awesome man !

FP

fettpride said:
Hey! I recognize that circular vent in the rear of the helmet ...

That's a respiratory mask filter ring isn't it? :lol:

Awesome man !

FP

LOL:lol: You got it! Now can you find my 2 leftover borden connector parts?

MARROW SUN said:
LOL:lol: You got it! Now can you find my 2 leftover borden connector parts?

Here's one. :)

4a.JPG

Not much else I can say about this bucket that hasn't been already said, however it is one of the hottest things I have seen in the Mando universe. I am in the planing stages for one of my own when I get my standard bucket done.

Well I'm pretty much done at this point. The paint does not show up as well as I'd hoped in the photos. It has much more of a blue shine. I started with a silver and platinum base coat. From there I highlighted the details with a transparent metalic blue, after that I blended the blue into the platinum by mixing the blue with clearcoat and airbrushing it on overlaping the highlights. From there is was a simple matter of 4 acrylic washes and voila! Tomorrow I need to install the visor properly.
I'm still working on a binocular that will magnetically fit in place. I've decided agaist the Range Finder because the helmet is "busy" enough at this point, it just doesn't need anymore gizmos.

Feel free to comment or ask questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them all!

MS

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back