Fett ESB Scope "mounts'..?

TK2177

Active Hunter
I have searched the archives, and can't find a definitive guide or instructions for the scope mounts on Fett's EE-3 from ESB.
Does anyone have any input on this? Even with the pics I have seen, there is no real good shot of the mounts.

It looks like it is 2-3" above the barrel, and I can't figure out how to elevate my scope...

That is all I need to finish my blaster. Any help, even a pic of your finished blaster, would be greatly appreciated!

Thx!!

e1.jpg

Just so happens that I am working on blueprints of the ESB scope mounting right now. If you can wait a day or so I'll post some drawings that should help anwser your question.

Alan

Hello,

Here you go, nothing fancy, but hopefully it will give you what you need. The 2nd page of the PDF will print full size when printed on standard 8.5” X 11” paper. The first page is just for reference, but I did include some basic dimensions to guide you.

Also I am convinced that the forward scope mount is attached to the flash tube so that is how I have drawn it up. I know that some believe that the mount is on the end of the barrel, but my research does not support this position. The point is that if you want to mount the front mount on the barrel you will have to revise both mounts to increase the diameter to allow them to fit on the barrel.

If you have any question please let me know.

Have a great day.

Alan

http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofflight/ESB_Scope_Mounts.pdf

wizardofflight said:
Hello,

Here you go, nothing fancy, but hopefully it will give you what you need. The 2nd page of the PDF will print full size when printed on standard 8.5” X 11” paper. The first page is just for reference, but I did include some basic dimensions to guide you.

Also I am convinced that the forward scope mount is attached to the flash tube so that is how I have drawn it up. I know that some believe that the mount is on the end of the barrel, but my research does not support this position. The point is that if you want to mount the front mount on the barrel you will have to revise both mounts to increase the diameter to allow them to fit on the barrel.

If you have any question please let me know.

Have a great day.

Alan

http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofflight/ESB_Scope_Mounts.pdf

Awesome! Thanks a ton Alan!

This is about as good a screen used reference that I have. I just re-built my top mounts last week to the specs. of the top most scope mounts with the angled front and back and the two small holes at the bottom. They also have a dado to hug the barrel mounts as well.

These have always been the most difficult part of the ESB buildup and to this day still are.

Hope this pic helps a bit.

Steve (y)

Fett_Scope_Mount_03.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back