SarlaccBits Helmet: In progress

Good work, its slow going I know. I also had to paint the mandibles by hand, I coundnt keep paint on it no matter what I did. it showed brush strokes but i went over it with 2000 grit wet sandpaper.

Thanks everybody!
I have had to put the helmet on the back burner for the last few days while I delt with some ugly drama. But its all over now! :)

I should have more pictures up in a few days... I will be off to paint here in a few minutes!

Also, my helmet is a mystery size helmet... I bought it on eBay about a month before I found TDH. Had I had known I would have bought here instead. I am mostly happy with my helmet... Its a good size and has a nice flair... but the cast was a bit sloppy in places and it took me a very long time + a ton of hard work to get it presentable.

SarlaccBits said:
Thanks everybody!
I have had to put the helmet on the back burner for the last few days while I delt with some ugly drama. But its all over now! :)

I should have more pictures up in a few days... I will be off to paint here in a few minutes!

Also, my helmet is a mystery size helmet... I bought it on eBay about a month before I found TDH. Had I had known I would have bought here instead. I am mostly happy with my helmet... Its a good size and has a nice flair... but the cast was a bit sloppy in places and it took me a very long time + a ton of hard work to get it presentable.

Fett helmets and ebay dont seem to get along as of late, lots of good folks here to help and your making great progress so far !!!!!(y)

SarlaccBits said:
Thanks everybody!

I hope the ugly drama wasn't too ugly.

and I have begun to weather my helmet...

Helmet_Weathering_052206.gif

(and the drama was REALLY bad... but it all worked out! :))

Wow,so far so good!!! Looks like its gonna be a good looking helmet. I'm still taking my sweet time on my DP'95.You proably be finished before me,and I started about 2months ago.But in the end it will look sick.

(y)

Looks absolutely fantastic so far!!(y) I still can't believe you are painting this by hand... You have a talent. Can't wait to see it complete...

I finally grabbed some super dark grey paint for the helmet... weathering continuing... should have updated picts soon...

Thanks for all the compliments!!!
:)

I am getting very close now...
I just finished the first layer on the kill stripes and have attached one ear piece... (the other still needs details)

Helmet_062706.gif

I cant wait to finish weathering it and install the visor!!!
:)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back