Photoshoot: Something a little different...

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
While out on the west coast, I had a friend of a friend ask if I would take some senior pics for her. All I have ever done are studio type pics but she wanted something outdoors, which is very intimidating because unlike the studio, I am not in complete control of everything. We took approx 400 pics in about 8 different locations. I think there were about 9 that I really liked and of all of them, this one was the winner. Let me know what you guys think.

renee_tdh.jpg

Great man!(y) I think you've got the studio stuff down, so it's time to take your skills to the next level. This is a good start!

Nice job, Art! Nicely lit, great overall color balance and nice depth of field. And you controlled the reflections in the glasses too, almost like there were no lenses at all. :)

MaxPlague said:
Nice job, Art! Nicely lit, great overall color balance and nice depth of field. And you controlled the reflections in the glasses too, almost like there were no lenses at all. :)

Heh heh... There WERE no lenses. We took them out. She had the type of lenses that turn dark at the slightest hint of light and I didn't want them to take away from her beautiful eyes, so I had her remove them before the shoot. The nice thing is that due to the build of her frames, it kinda looks like the lenses are still there around the edges...

Thats a very good photograph. Interesting set up and yet the background doesn't compete with the subject. Very good! My friends and associates were very impressed with the OC photoshoot pics and I look forward to shooting my Bacara costume with you in the near future!

DL44 Blaster said:
beautiful picture....

beautiful girl....

Too true.

Heh, I can imagine the first time meeting.

"Hey, ready to start shooting?"
"Yeah, but I must warn you, I'm not used to taking pictures like this, so if you could just put this on, that would be great."
*Hands her a Fett helmet to put on* :lol:

-Chris

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back