ESB Bucket Progress

The back of the helmet is giving me fits. Not sure exactly to approach it after I did some painting back there. Let me know what you all think. Suggestions would be good here because when I apply the Lark Dark Grey around the revealed chrome (maybe it's me) it doesn't look right. I could just be looking for symmetry and obviously the back of the helmet is a chaotic beast...that I haven't tamed yet :lol:

Here are some progress pics. The front has had the scratches appled to the cheeks and is ready for the dark grey adjustments. The back well...I've already talked about lol

Enjoy
060c4af4.jpg

b7c863ed.jpg

2e85ea9f.jpg

ef159c6b.jpg

Thanks for looking and I appreciate all comments/criticisms/suggestions provided :)

Here are some update photos of the bucket in progress. I'm debating on how to attached the ears and whether or not the right ear is the proper color. Reference photos from ESB show a sandy ear while in other pics I see a bit darker earthy colour. I believe the left ear is pretty accurate and I've been topically applying the damage. I haven't hit the bucket with any misting or started scratching away in the various areas just yet. I've added the visor so it's just a matter of time before I can seal it and begin on the other pieces.

Any comments, critical or not, are quite welcome :lol:

0d9b091c.jpg

d292718e.jpg

bda6c198.jpg

Well, it took a long time and here are some photos of the finished product. Any comments or criticisms are welcome and enjoy the pictures. Thanks!

Here is the left side. The crack is visible. Used a thick addition of UP Armor Yellow to the crack and sponged it out leaving what you see here.
257c8ea9.jpg

The right ear hit with earth color though I feel it was a little darker but the misting really made it work well in my opinion.
0b0e97fb.jpg

Side profile
b666707d.jpg

The rear paintjob
60c01d10.jpg

Splatter marks on the left side
13da7857.jpg

Left Front Angle Shot. One of my favorites.
be286ab3.jpg

Another favorite angle :lol:

a20e87f6.jpg

Time well spent I think and good practice for the next helmet that will replace this one. Hopefully the next time I am a bit more patient with the detail and now that I have an idea of going through the motions and an eye for what to look for I believe the next helmet would be that much more detailed and closer to the original.

Thanks to MS, RS for his paint tutorial, Evan, Steve-the-Swede's ESB tutorial, TK-2177 and TDH in general who have helped guide my hand.

Let the critiques begin :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!! That looks incredible!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

I think you have done an incredible job! You should be VERY proud of what you have done!!!! Congrats on a job well done!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back