my BM flak vest came today!!!

Well, it was 7:05 PM and I just got home from a hard day at work to see a brown package from the UK sitting on the couch waiting for me.

I tore into that package like it was Christams and tried on my new BM flak vest.

Words cannot describe the sheer artistry of its construction, and it blends with my TK409 neckseal very well. It fits perfectly, and even is easy to zip up in the back while wearing it. In other words.....WOW!!!

The ONLY beef if I could have any is the fact that it doesn't have any slots in the back for the :jet pack harness. I will unfortunately have to cut those in myself, but that is farther down the road than I currently am to worry about.

All in all, great vest, great support from BM (DAZ), great product, highly reccommend.:cheers

Desert_Beagle said:
Well, it was 7:05 PM and I just got home from a hard day at work to see a brown package from the UK sitting on the couch waiting for me.

I tore into that package like it was Christams and tried on my new BM flak vest.

Words cannot describe the sheer artistry of its construction, and it blends with my TK409 neckseal very well. It fits perfectly, and even is easy to zip up in the back while wearing it. In other words.....WOW!!!

The ONLY beef if I could have any is the fact that it doesn't have any slots in the back for the :jet pack harness. I will unfortunately have to cut those in myself, but that is farther down the road than I currently am to worry about.

All in all, great vest, great support from BM (DAZ), great product, highly reccommend.:cheers
Most don't put the slots because people attach their packs differently. A seamstress can do it for you, basicly it's a big button hole. Also it seems that the holes are fairly high on the vest (like almost to the top!) Put on your harness and pack to see exactly where the straps need to come out. You can mark that spot lightly with a pencil.

Desert_Beagle said:
it blends with my TK409 neckseal very well.

The ONLY beef if I could have any is the fact that it doesn't have any slots in the back for the :jet pack harness.

It didn't come with the neckseal? :confused

FYI: Most of the vest makers do not not put the slots in for the jet pack straps as their is no "standard" spot for placement.

Once you get your jet pack harness set up and you know where the straps need to go through, mark them and take the the vest to local tailor or seamstress to take care of it.

Ripcode said:
It didn't come with the neckseal? :confused

FYI: Most of the vest makers do not not put the slots in for the jet pack straps as their is no "standard" spot for placement.

Once you get your jet pack harness set up and you know where the straps need to go through, mark them and take the the vest to local tailor or seamstress to take care of it.

You can order them with or without neckseals from BM

pennywise said:
Most don't put the slots because people attach their packs differently. A seamstress can do it for you, basicly it's a big button hole. Also it seems that the holes are fairly high on the vest (like almost to the top!) Put on your harness and pack to see exactly where the straps need to come out. You can mark that spot lightly with a pencil.

I kinda figured that is why he didn't put the slots in the back. That is no problem since I know two seamstresses. One is my sister :lol: I'm going to build my own harness when my JP arrives sometime in July from MLC. As for pics, I'm going to hold of on that until I can get my jumpsuit and put a visor and some foam into my helmet.

Isn't it better to place the strap hole in line with the slots on the backplate? It seems that having the holes and slots aligned is most important. That way, there is undue stress on the backplate and no stress on the vest which could cause it ride up if the holes are too low.

Thoughts?

tin, this thread was from back in may '06. any questions desert beagle may have had hopefully have been cleared up since then.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back