Vest question.....

EVO3

Hunter
Hi, i was gonna attempt to sew my own vest. I found some good material and a pattern. My only question is, what do you guys normaly use to line the inside of the vest with? I gotta make sure i get this right the first time. Thanks in advance!

I'm lining the insides of the short little sleeve type things with that 1/8" foam used for the upholstry in cars for like the ceiling but other than that I don't think anything needs to be lined.

I pad the front with batting, and use the same for the quilted sleeves. You can get it at Jo-Ann's or Hancock Fabrics...even Wal-Mart carries batting.

I don't use anything for the back.

batninja said:
I pad the front with batting, and use the same for the quilted sleeves. You can get it at Jo-Ann's or Hancock Fabrics...even Wal-Mart carries batting.

I don't use anything for the back.

I went to wally world yesterday and found a few different thickneses. How thick is the batting that you use?

Thanks!

I am thinking about doing my own vest as well-heck there's a brand new sewing machine sitting idle. Now I just have to learn how to use it! My question is, where do I find a suitable pattern to fit my needs? Can I find one for free online in someone's tutorial or something? Or will I have to modify a McCalls pattern or the like? Thanks for your time guys...

Dha Syntir, AKA Michael

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back