favorite ways to mount armor on vest.

I use press snap buttons, one side glued to armor, the other stiched to vest. Armor stays in same place all the time and u don't get any of that rippy velcro sound when ya move!

Magnets are great, but you have to use the really strong eart magnets.Some of those damn things take a good pull to get them apart.
I usually just stick with velcro, and they even have new velcro now that irons on for the fabric side.No more sewing.

Do we know for sure how the original chest armor was mounted? I know you can see velcro under the collar peice but is there a possibility they used something stronger on the chest? I can't find examples right now but I seem to remember seeing what looked like metal hooks of some sort near the shoulder bells. Maybe something similar was used on the chest?

webchief said:
I use industrial strength velcro and have never once had an issue with my armor moving or falling off.

I used webchief's old armor for a while and never had any issues with that method.

I did the same for my new armor, and it's been worry free.

KidAkira said:
I use press snap buttons, one side glued to armor, the other stiched to vest. Armor stays in same place all the time and u don't get any of that rippy velcro sound when ya move!

Thats my favorite method also.
D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back