Project: Chest armor stencils

These stencils are off the various starwars exhibits. Both the ESB and the ROTJ displays use armor with these scratches. I have confirmed that these are 100% ROTJ accurate and work for SE as well. I have fewer non preproduction reference for ESB but I belive that ESB is different.

Buckeye_01 said:
Awesome work Evan! Wish I could give you some karma points!

How about a Karma Gift Certificate?? :lol:

karma.JPG

Here is the ab plate as promiced!

*Note: The JPGs I am posting are for reference, they are not built to size like the PDFs are!

ab_plate.jpg

Attachments

• ab_plate.pdf
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,139
One of my new clients makes stickers and banners. One of there art guys is big into models. I showed him the stencils and he thinks he can cut them out like a large sticker. I have sent him Evan's stencils. So I am hoping in a week or so I will have something to show. What do you guys think?

My suggestion is this. Read and learn what is quality armor etc before you buy something that is flimsy which you end up having to spend more cash to replace the junk you bought on the spur of the moment. So know exactly what your design will be long before you begin your custom Mando. This is speaking from experience, as I'd be almost done if I hadn't purchased the wrong items and had to spend the cash twice before getting quality armor etc. Personally I'd stay away from the lighter weight armor and go with fiberglass.

The best thing you can do is try and not create a Boba costume except with different colored armor. Use your imagination, adding things to your armor that are totally original-including writing a back-story for your Mando persona, that's kinda fun also...Good luck-you've found one of the best places to go for any information you'll need, so you're doing well already...

im starting my first mando armor project any suggestions

Justin, I am painting my buddy's armor for him and dude, you have seriously revolutionized the way I do it. Thank you for this my man !

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back