Master Replica EE-3

DonnieDarko688 said:
HAHA, yeah a real Webley would be freaking awesome! :)

It would be.

I realize the MR version is a replica but then again if you make an EE-3 from a real Webley.. well it's still a replica! :lol:

good point a fake is a fake. I would pather have a real one too. I think I will save my money rather than invest in a fake, that I am not going to use that often.. I understan having the best is...a good measuring tool:). but sometimes people take accuracy too far when the goal is to get together, hang out and have a good time. I would rather make my own from scratch, ( even get a good replica from one of the guys here)than pay too much for something that I will not use that often. In the end if I build it myself I get the skill to make another. If I pay one of you guys here then I stick up for the small bussiness guy. I am sure MR can do without my bussiness it's not like they are using it to pay their rent... whereas one of the guys here might be. See WAY more benefits ( as I see it) buy buying here or making it myself.

Great points Skirata! I'd much rather help out a fellow Fett-enthusiast by buying their kit. Plus, it's a lot more fun and challenging putting it together and painting it. With MR, you just throw down $600-700, wait a while (maybe a long while, knowing MR :lol: ), recieve it, and well...that's it.

Unless you think it's thrilling and exciting to put a huge dent in your wallet and wait for a rediculously long time for a blaster, it would be a lot better to buy a kit.

Check out the pics!!! :love

From the MR Bog:

"Got a fun little treat for you blog readers this Friday, as we're happy to show you some images (still pending licensor approval) of our Boba Fett LE Blaster."

I hope they fix the placement of the stock greeblies... :facepalm

fettle1.jpg

fettle2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you folks want it more beat up? Be honest Constructive feedback please. If you actually study the pictures the real piece is so beat up it makes it look like a resin piece and not really a display piece if that makes sense. The pictures also clean up a lot of the weathering too so in real life the MR piece beat up pretty bad.

Thanks

Lee

the only negative comment i have is that the stock greeblie furthest from the handle is on backwards, at least relative to the one that was on exhibit in boston.

otherwise, i think it looks really, really good. the weathering makes it look beaten up, but still display-worthy.

Yes, they are fixing the greebs and the screw arraingment on the scope too. I pointed this out and this is an engineering copy so they said the corrections will be made and thank you for the input.

Lee

Rogue Studios said:
Yes, they are fixing the greebs and the screw arraingment on the scope too. I pointed this out and this is an engineering copy so they said the corrections will be made and thank you for the input.

Lee

Lee, are you involved with this too?

That is cool that they know about the parts placement! ;)

I'm loving :)love ) the look of this EE-3. This looks darn close to the real deal. (y)

I think a touch more weathering would be good.

Now that we are seeing some pics, I feel a lot better about ordering it! :lol:

Okay, I have a complaint.... It's not Empire! :(

Hey Lee. When is the helmet being released?

Hey, I think what happend on the blaster is the ESB Blaster does not appear to be in the archives and since they aren't as Fett inensive as the rest of us I believe they used the blaster that was intact and available and provided to them as Fett's. LFL is very strict about what gets copied etc. so they probably thought this was his main blaster and just handed to MR and said this is the one you are allowed to copy(MR was not allowed to rumage through they just ask for what they need and it's brought to them).

We had to really push the envelope on getting the correct color scheme on the Fett helmet plus MR had to get into my corner as well or we would have had a prepro 3 paintjob on the Fett helmet. I realize this does disappoint a few folks and you never know what could open down the line and maybe I can chat with them about this at Comic Con this week. Take it from me MR really tries hard to go to bat for us when it comes to getting stuff produced.

I have no idea when the helmet is scheduled but I do know the factory has turned out a few test copies and from what I understand they are very happy with the results. Although a few details might be missing I hope everyone can relate that on a painting aspect/mass produced item it's probably the most complex paintjob of any Star Wars piece to reproduce. The sculpt (I promise) is exactly like my casting the sizes and shapes are correct. Mine just has more imperfections in it. Short of casting an original which LFL will never allow this is the best it can ever get for *licensed Fett helmets.

Thank you for all of your feedback.

Lee

Rogue Studios said:
Hey, I think what happend on the blaster is the ESB Blaster does not appear to be in the archives and since they aren't as Fett inensive as the rest of us I believe they used the blaster that was intact and available and provided to them as Fett's. LFL is very strict about what gets copied etc. so they probably thought this was his main blaster and just handed to MR and said this is the one you are allowed to copy(MR was not allowed to rumage through they just ask for what they need and it's brought to them).

We had to really push the envelope on getting the correct color scheme on the Fett helmet plus MR had to get into my corner as well or we would have had a prepro 3 paintjob on the Fett helmet. I realize this does disappoint a few folks and you never know what could open down the line and maybe I can chat with them about this at Comic Con this week. Take it from me MR really tries hard to go to bat for us when it comes to getting stuff produced.

I have no idea when the helmet is scheduled but I do know the factory has turned out a few test copies and from what I understand they are very happy with the results. Although a few details might be missing I hope everyone can relate that on a painting aspect/mass produced item it's probably the most complex paintjob of any Star Wars piece to reproduce. The sculpt (I promise) is exactly like my casting the sizes and shapes are correct. Mine just has more imperfections in it. Short of casting an original which LFL will never allow this is the best it can ever get for *licensed Fett helmets.

Thank you for all of your feedback.

Lee

Great info RS....
Hey Lee can I have your Autograph when the MR Fett Helmet comes out...??(y)

I don't mind signing anything for anyone. Just kind of humbling. I did a helmet for a lucasarts gent and he wanted me to sign it and I'm like stunned.

Lee

Thanks for the info Lee!:) I gotta go with spidey here, I would love your signature! Not only for your extensive research and attention to detail, but you were there for me and soooo many other TDH members with your color's, techniques and you always answered our questions!
I know I will be shelling out the $$ for the MR Fett helmet, happy as I am with my helmet, and I would be honored if you would sign it!:cheers(y)

Rogue Studios said:
I don't mind signing anything for anyone. Just kind of humbling. I did a helmet for a lucasarts gent and he wanted me to sign it and I'm like stunned.

Lee

Hey Lee Artists are suppose to sign their work.....(y)

Yes! More beat-up! :lol: Given that the original looks it spent 20 years in Bigfoot's colon, I can I understand the more "consumer friendly" friendly paint job since the original screams resin junky prop.

Even as such, it still looks like it sat in LFL's grimy, dusty archive. Too cool!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back