Is Testors Model Master US Medium Green...

TK2177

Active Hunter
.... the same color and tint as Floquil US Medium green? My local hobby shop has the Testors Model Masters, but not the Floquil.

Thanks!!

That's iffy. I've heard that floquil and model master paints, even though same color number, are slightly different.

I wouldn't imagine it being so far off that it's noticeable. I have to colors of polyscale in reefer yellow that are clearly different from even looking at the bottle:eek: The lids are different as if one is older and from a different batch.

Paint is an iffy medium in any capacity and at any given time. Just buy enough so you can do it all with the same stuff.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
TK-2177 said:
.... the same color and tint as Floquil US Medium green? My local hobby shop has the Testors Model Masters, but not the Floquil.

Thanks!!

NO!!!!
Sorry, he he. :)
I tried this exact same experiment on my cod armor, and the Testors just isn't right. If you're going for a better "screen used" look, definitely go for the Floquil/Polly Scale US Med Grn.

What superjedi said. The Model Master version just isn't the same, for whatever reason. It could probably work if you didn't mind the slight variation in shade, though. If you do decide to use it, I'll offer this bit of advice; the version in the bottle and the version in the spray can are different, despite having the exact same number and all. If you're going to use one, get the kind in the bottle and airbrush it.

The only difference between the Floquil and Polly S paints is the medium. Floquil = enamel, and Polly S = acrylic.

Nice pics!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back