Vinyl Jango to ESB transformation

$300 for what?I only charged them $150 for the paintwork and visor installation.they did all the cutting before sending it.
I enjoy painting and right now it is my full time job until I get a regular gig, so I give people that do not have a lot of cash a break.After all it is just a costume.With gas prices the way they are and everything else going up, a nice costume is definitely a luxury item, and I like to offer that luxury at an affordable level.
Just wish I knew how to sew.lol

wickedbeard said:
wow!!!! thats steep.Oh well..if people are willing to pay that, more power to ya.I will stick to being affordable.lol

i think it's great that you do that! i don't know *how* you do it, but it rocks that you are willing to!

i'll be the first to admit, i was REALLY skeptical of you when you first started posting here. i didn't understand how anyone could charge so little for stuff and still have it look even decent, nevermind good.

everything i've seen from you has proven that you do that and then some!

I say ya get what ya pay for. Folks like DM, Spidyfett, and FettFullof$$ all put tons of quality into there buckets and have spent many hours pefecting there skills and there own unique method of doing there paint jobs. I personaly try and give the best product I can deliver and out do my last paintjob and attention to detail every time. For the the level of accuracy and just over all quality the painters on this board give, $300 is a STEAL!

wickedbeard does amazing work. The detail on my armor he just sent me is beautiful. That helmet looks amazing too. I cant wait to get my helmet painted by him.

evan4218 said:
I say ya get what ya pay for. Folks like DM, Spidyfett, and FettFullof$$ all put tons of quality into there buckets and have spent many hours pefecting there skills and there own unique method of doing there paint jobs. I personaly try and give the best product I can deliver and out do my last paintjob and attention to detail every time. For the the level of accuracy and just over all quality the painters on this board give, $300 is a STEAL!
Ok first of all Thanks for all the kind words of support, to those who gave it.
Second of all I think my work speaks for itself.I think there are some fabulous artists here and I applaud all of them.They do great work and if people buy from them ...GREAT i am happy for them, if they buy from me...GREAT, as they are still getting a top notch item, just less expensive.
I purely give the treatment to people that i would want given to me.
And when it comes to the above quote I am no different then what you described.I just do not charge a fortune for something i enjoy doing.
I give 100% to all my customers, i am fair, and I strive to make people happy, and i have really good attention to detail, just the ones that matter.
sorry to all those who are kind and supportive, i just get a little upset when my work is belittled.I take it a bit personally.I do not do that to anyone else, so i would appreciate it not being done to me.

Thank you...come again.

wickedbeard said:
Ok first of all Thanks for all the kind words of support, to those who gave it.
Second of all I think my work speaks for itself.I think there are some fabulous artists here and I applaud all of them.They do great work and if people buy from them ...GREAT i am happy for them, if they buy from me...GREAT, as they are still getting a top notch item, just less expensive.
I purely give the treatment to people that i would want given to me.
And when it comes to the above quote I am no different then what you described.I just do not charge a fortune for something i enjoy doing.
I give 100% to all my customers, i am fair, and I strive to make people happy, and i have really good attention to detail, just the ones that matter.
sorry to all those who are kind and supportive, i just get a little upset when my work is belittled.I take it a bit personally.I do not do that to anyone else, so i would appreciate it not being done to me.

Thank you...come again.

I wasnt critisizing your work wickedbeard, you do great stuff, and your right, your bucket speaks for its self, you made a cheap Jango look like fancy MS! I think you are an acception to the rule here. But there are people who charge way cheap and give a weak product. I think some people get scared by the money and get won over by cheap service cost. I always recomend people check out my favorite painters to make sure they get the bucket they want when I am asked about painting something. As long as its quality, and stays in the TDH family I am happy. Keep up the good work. :cheers

evan4218 said:
For the the level of accuracy and just over all quality the painters on this board give, $300 is a STEAL!

wickedbeard said:

without continuing to derail this thread too much, i have to agree with both of you.

i've been asked a couple of times on here to do rotj paintjobs for people. i figured out how much time i spent on mine and what i'd charge per hour fro work. the end result was that it would cost WAY more than $300 to get me to do it for someone else.

some folks on here just want a nice looking costume. from what i've seen here, wickedbeard does just that. if you figure $80 for the rubies bucket and $150 for painting it, and you've got yourself a great helmet for under $300 total.

others want one that shares every dent, scratch and fingerprint from the originals, painted with the same brands of paint, etc... etc... the marrow sun helmet that darth miller bought comes to mind. i've never seen another helmet go up for sale that compares to that. but, if i remember right, the price was somewhere around 4-5 times that $300 figure. ;)

i think it's important for the people like myself in the latter category to remember that not everyone wants to spend $1000 on unpainted armor.

i think it's equally important for the people in the former category to remember that there are some people on here that will stop at nothing to have the most perfect suit possible.

*group hug*

tk7602 said:
without continuing to derail this thread too much, i have to agree with both of you.

i've been asked a couple of times on here to do rotj paintjobs for people. i figured out how much time i spent on mine and what i'd charge per hour fro work. the end result was that it would cost WAY more than $300 to get me to do it for someone else.

some folks on here just want a nice looking costume. from what i've seen here, wickedbeard does just that. if you figure $80 for the rubies bucket and $150 for painting it, and you've got yourself a great helmet for under $300 total.

others want one that shares every dent, scratch and fingerprint from the originals, painted with the same brands of paint, etc... etc... the marrow sun helmet that darth miller bought comes to mind. i've never seen another helmet go up for sale that compares to that. but, if i remember right, the price was somewhere around 4-5 times that $300 figure. ;)

i think it's important for the people like myself in the latter category to remember that not everyone wants to spend $1000 on unpainted armor.

i think it's equally important for the people in the former category to remember that there are some people on here that will stop at nothing to have the most perfect suit possible.

*group hug*

Well said, I wish I had worded my post more like yours bud! Its all a give and take, if I had more time to paint I most likely would not chare anything over cost of paints, but I am married and I have to ballence my hobby with my family and family always wins. I understand your passion with this wickedbeard, as I share the same one. Each bucket I paint I become more knoagable, more obsessed, more detail driven... I look forward to seeing your next bucket you do, as I am sure it will be even better then your last.

Post us a build up, I would love to see how you put it all together, I am fixing to start a Don Post my self and I dont see that many DP... or for that matter in this case a Jango build up.

:)

I know where your coming from.My first armor sets were nowhere near what I do now, which is why I was only charging $30 a set.lololo
Just trying to be fair in a sometimes unfair world.
anyway I have nothing but good wishes for every artist and up and coming artist here in fettland, and beyond.
Cheers!!

Sounds good, I'll get some pics together, but I will paint anything.I did my first rotj jet pack for another cutomer a while back.I'll have to post pics of that as well in the pack thread.

I have to say that is a very respectable posistion you take. I like to see artist who dont take advantage of their talents to make big $$$, cause Ive met a few that do, and from my experience with them, the quality goes down hill as they raise the price. All in all, I respect the artists that paint because they enjoy it mostly, instead on focusing on how to make a buck. Good work.

-tubachris

Wickedbeard I just wanted to commend you on the work you do and the incredibly fair price you charge. Its very refreshing!

Thank you very much, it is appreciated.........I apologize for the repeated posts below, can someone please delete these extra posts.LOL
not sure how I did this but I hit the wrong keys somewhere.hahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back