Girth Belt Found

Well, it does appear to be the non-slip 14 strand mohair girth belt. I am just curious as to why they would use that picture. On most websites a picture of the white and black version is posted. I'm not sure though, it could be a different belt entirely.

I have the same belt, and from what I can tell, its not mohair. Christi has it right now (she is dying it for me). There was a very lengthy post in the cargo hold several months ago about the same belt. I believe Ripcode was trying to dye one. I don't know how well it turned out, but you can PM him and find out. I haven't talked Christi to see how mine is coming, but no news is good news!

They take dye, but not as well as real mohair.

The vertical pieces are nylon and will be a lot lighter in color than the horizontal pieces.

What ticked me off is I called these morons and asked, on the phone, if these were real mohair and they told me yes. :angry

They are NOT real mohair.

However.. they are cheap, so feel free to try one.

cal196 said:
I'd like a new belt but everyplace I find there way to big.

These belts run small. Sometimes as much as 2 or 3" inches.

I bought a 40 and it came in at 37.50. They also shrink when you hot dye them.

Remember they will be going over your cod and back armor. So many factors to figure in! :p

Hmm thanks for that, I had another belt with another company on order but three months and nothing so i canceled it, I wonder if its the same here? 40 to 37 huh so a 38 would be like 35.5 that be perfect.

Buckeye_01 said:
I have the same belt, and from what I can tell, its not mohair. Christi has it right now (she is dying it for me). There was a very lengthy post in the cargo hold several months ago about the same belt. I believe Ripcode was trying to dye one. I don't know how well it turned out, but you can PM him and find out. I haven't talked Christi to see how mine is coming, but no news is good news!
Jon,
I haven't forgot about ya! I sent you a pm but your belt is on its way home.
As far as girths go guys its a crap shoot really. Most of them are not what they are listed as and if you are lucky enough to actually get a mohair one yes they have been shrinking a bit. Wool and hot water, yes it will shirink.
Esp if you do the stove top method.
FYI: I am open to adding more to the list on the order, so just lmk. Since delivery will be June I asked if I can add as needed to the order and they said no problem. So anyhow if you have any ?'s feel free about the dying process or whatever.
Christi

cal196 said:
Hmm thanks for that, I had another belt with another company on order but three months and nothing so i canceled it, I wonder if its the same here? 40 to 37 huh so a 38 would be like 35.5 that be perfect.
I am about a 35.5 waist and bought a 38. It fits perfect. Remember that it goes over the cod piece, and also rides down on your hips a bit, not right directly around the waist.

GCNgamer128 said:
Hah, I'm a 28 waist... I don't even think they'd make one in my size even after is shrank!!

I have a 42" girth belt coming, which is way too big. I plan on taking it apart and "re-doing" it to my size. I figure at that cheap price, if I goof it up, I'm not out too much. However I'll be bummed as this one is real mohair.

Hah, I'm pretty skinny for being 18, about 120lbs/56kgs at about 5'9/172cm. I'm going to try to buy some cotton rope sometime this week and make the belt myself.

Hey guys just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
I found at my local Petsmart in the horse department, in clearance, for 7.99, the correct girth belt.
Here is the thing you have to look for unless you want to really work at dying it.
There were two versions of the same belt hanging together, both said Mohair but upon further inspection on the tag a few said (BLEND) those are the ones with a slight sheen to them and will be more difficult to dye.
The one I picked up is more cotton-ee looking and is a size 36 which is perfect for me the other 2 were size 50 and were made up of that blend.
Remember that in some pics of the real deal between the buckles the belt is held together with what looks like an elastic or canvas band so no matter what it will be a perfect fit.
Cheers

you guys probably already know this, but I wanted to give you the heads up anyway. DO NOT BUY FROM TACK OUTLET! the website is totally fake, as is the contact info. I ordered a girth belt from them for 30$ and it never came. it's a total scam. I've heard similar stores about various other horse equipment suppliers, so BE CAREFULL. try contacting them first to make sure they're a REAL company.
don't make the same mistake I did!

you guys probably already know this, but I wanted to give you the heads up anyway. DO NOT BUY FROM TACK OUTLET! the website is totally fake, as is the contact info. I ordered a girth belt from them for 30$ and it never came. it's a total scam. I've heard similar stores about various other horse equipment suppliers, so BE CAREFULL. try contacting them first to make sure they're a REAL company.
don't make the same mistake I did!

it could be that they've just gone out of business... that link was 4 years old.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back