Vest

Duran Lomax

Active Hunter
Im creating a custom Mandalorian (some may have seen my old threads; yes, Im still working on the same costume), and I've come across some wonderful tutorials/templates for them. Unfortunately, I have gathered little to no info on the recommended materials. I know the material needs to be a bottom-weight fabric, so that it will be sturdy, and that I'll need two yards of this material.
But what I really need is the name of a cheap material that fits this description. I dont want to spend $100+ on just the vest; I still have to buy the flight suit, which is going to be expensive in and of itself. If anyone can provide this information, I would be grateful. Thank you.

I made mine myself. It's not too difficult if you have the templates.

PM me if you'd like the templates. THEY ARE NOT MINE, I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THEM. They were made by Ronin677.

I've already recieved the templates from Ronin a few months ago; thank you for your help, but what I need is the name of cheap cloth/material that can be used in the construction of the vest.

I have had several different vests made of Nylon type stuff, to cotton and finally the tackle twill. The nicest is the tackle twill. Namely because of how strong the fabric is. Its very stiff and doesnt need the backing the others do, so it tapers to you. Where the others can make you look puffy and fat. You can also try like a canvas for the same effect.

I used some sort of Wal-Mart material.
SintraArmour.gif

Boba_Fett_03 said:
Im creating a custom Mandalorian (some may have seen my old threads; yes, Im still working on the same costume), and I've come across some wonderful tutorials/templates for them. Unfortunately, I have gathered little to no info on the recommended materials. I know the material needs to be a bottom-weight fabric, so that it will be sturdy, and that I'll need two yards of this material.
But what I really need is the name of a cheap material that fits this description. I dont want to spend $100+ on just the vest; I still have to buy the flight suit, which is going to be expensive in and of itself. If anyone can provide this information, I would be grateful. Thank you.

Since this is a custom job, the fabric you use is entirely up to you. Canvas, denim, and twill are options, but they wouldn't be considered 'cheap', unless you get them on sale. My best advice is to go to a fabric store and browse until you find something you like. Since you only need a couple yards, check the discounted and closeout sections of the stores. There, you can usually find leftover remnants a little cheaper than what they normally sell for. You should be able to find something you like for about $5-8 a yard.

And don't be afraid to ask the store staff for help. They can point you to some good bottom-weight fabrics as well. If they ask, just tell them you're putting together a Halloween costume.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back