Blaster ROTJ Recipe

Sidewinder

Active Hunter
You will need:
One resin Webley kit (I recomend Sidewinder's :D )
Plastic pipe
scope
Resin scope rings
assorted greeblies
plenty of 'T' shape material (I shall be using blast-tech flavour)

Ingredients pic:

fett parts.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sidewinder when do we get to see the rest?:love And are you gonna sell the ROTJ kits (cooling vanes, rings, greebles, ect.) to go with your Webley kit?(y)

When i've got it done, damn your impatient eyes!!!! :lol:
If enough people would be interested, then probably.

SAS

pennywise said:
Hey Sidewinder when do we get to see the rest?:love And are you gonna sell the ROTJ kits (cooling vanes, rings, greebles, ect.) to go with your Webley kit?(y)

Sidewinder said:
When i've got it done, damn your impatient eyes!!!! :lol:
If enough people would be interested, then probably.

SAS
:lol: Yeah, I was thinking you could even sell "resin" cooling vanes to keep the cost down. I don't know, just an idea.(y)

most of the guttering pipes (looks like them in your photo) in the US are rectangle/square (at least here - although I havent really looked hard yet) so the dia of pipe, and the pipes are usually much thicker than the uk types, so you supplying the pipes would be a great start/addition (hint, hint)...

pennywise said:

Caomhanach said:
most of the guttering pipes (looks like them in your photo) in the US are rectangle/square (at least here - although I havent really looked hard yet) so the dia of pipe, and the pipes are usually much thicker than the uk types, so you supplying the pipes would be a great start/addition (hint, hint)...
That's what I'm sayn! If you make a "complete kit" to go with the kit you already offer, I think you would probably get alot of interest.;)

I've done some aly blocks for the scope to sit on and am turning a biggish piece of aly for the muzzle based on pics of the real one.

Are lathe motors supposed to smoke?? :lol:

Regards pipes and the ROTJ, I would do the muzzle/barrel/T fins all as one piece so it could be slipped on over the webley barrel.

Pic now added - it's almost too good to paint!

SAS

fett muzzle.JPG

I'm thinking of doing a casting of the whole lot as one piece, including the Webley bit seen in the pic. That way I could cast up just the finned/white bit or the whole lot depending on what people want/have already.

There is a handy layout diagram of the rib position on the barrel that I used (Ta whoever). Except it shows the front scope block replacing a section of one rib, whereas I believe it should go between two ribs. The photos of a real prop back this up.

Ribbed for your pleasure (Scope blocks not fixed in place.):

fett barrel.JPG

Wow, that nozzle looks great... I see what you mean about not painting it, but the natural weathering (when it get's scratched) on it would look cool...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back