New guy seeking ego boost (1st Boba prop)

drokkul

Well-Known Hunter
Hello everybody! I just joined the other day. I have found an absolute warehouse of knowledge here and I appreciate every bit of it! I have been wanting to build my own Fett for a long time (Prop stand up only, not as a wearable (I'm too short:angry ))

I have almost finished my 1st piece...Ammo Belt. I still need to add grommets. I bought them the other day at Wally World and now I can't find em to save my life!

The belt is all vinyl that has been roughed up and darkened. All the stitching is by hand (I was ready to shoot myself before I was done with the stitching!)

Pic:
DSC01142.jpg

Feedback appreciated! Thanks!

Looks great! Really looks like beaten up leather.
Hand stitched?????? How many of your fingers fell off during that process? :lol:

superjedi said:
Looks great! Really looks like beaten up leather.
Hand stitched?????? How many of your fingers fell off during that process? :lol:

Only two of them fell off, but with all the practice I had I was able to stitch them back on
36_1_21.gif

sig.jsp

Last edited by a moderator:
I just re-read the original post! Hand-stitched!?!? :eek: Ouch!

Nice work man! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind words everybody! Much thanks goes out to tk409 whose tutorial I used for the pattern cut out!

I've pretty much decided that what I'm going to do is make as much of the display myself that I can and once I'm happy with its completion (when the Boba jones'ing starts to die down a little (if such a thing is possible)) is when I will start upgrading things.

I've started on the trash can armor method, but its things like that that I will upgrade over time.

AFettFullofDollars said:
That is a nice lookin' belt. Welcome aboard and nice to see another member from my neck of the woods.

I'm even a little bit familiar with your neck of the woods AFettFullof Dollars. My sister used to live in Williamsburg and worked in Corbin!

Damrus Contrega said:
Hey, i need some help with posting my own threads, cans someine help me with thjat? thanks

Damrus

Damrus,
At the top of each forum section, there's a New Thread button. Just use that to create a thread.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back