Scratch built cod piece

Cool man, I am doing one out of sintra right now, was going to use the 2 part auto body fiberglass myself. Glad to see how well it can come out.

Well ppl there is the kidney plate to attach to my cod piece. see what you think. I don't think the weathering is accurate but hey :facepalm

small1.jpg

small2.jpg

small3.jpg

Ronin677 said:
Its not actually Bondo. I used a two part resin filler (the brand was Universal, as used on boat hulls) with polymer fibres as the additive.
Can you give me the brand name of that material, and how difficult it is to mix and apply?I have been using epoxy putty, and it becomes very expensive.
Also ..where can I find it?

wickedbeard said:
Can you give me the brand name of that material, and how difficult it is to mix and apply?I have been using epoxy putty, and it becomes very expensive.
Also ..where can I find it?

WB- this is the stuff i use.

Epiglass HT9000 Fast | International

its not that cheap but it is really good stuff (takes a couple of hours to go off though.

its easy to use. approx 1:5 mix with filer powder to achieve the consistancy you require.

wickedbeard said:
You need all that stuff? or just the filler powder?

its not that clear on the web site i sent you, but you need the resin, hardner and the filler powder. I will get the item codes off the tins when i get home from work and let you know.

totally finished :) :) :) , i really am glad this bit is over. The only problem i have is the shape of the cod where it bends around the sides. When i put the girth belt on the cod tries to push the girth belt outwards, and you can see gaps between the cords on the belt. Any ideas anyone?

i have also included a pic of the girth belt because it is b1oody fantastic. Thank you sooooooooooo much Christi

rs1.jpg

rs2.jpg

rs3.jpg

rs4.jpg

rs5.jpg

WOW!!!!:eek: Jon I may have to have you do this for me. Wink Wink
How I missed this is beyond me but I have to say your build up is amazing.
I'd see if you could maybe heat it up a bit and flex it in? What are the attachment pieces?
OH and your very welcome, really... it was due.
Christi

Last edited by a moderator:
Ronin677 said:
When i put the girth belt on the cod tries to push the girth belt outwards, and you can see gaps between the cords on the belt.

When you put your ammo belt on and the side pouches, that will probably be covered.

Nice work! (y)

DUDE!!! You are my cod hero man! Good work!!! Few people can say the dis comething scrach built them selves for there costume of that quality. Keep it up. :)

crazy4BobaFett said:
WOW!!!!:eek: Jon I may have to have you do this for me. Wink Wink
How I missed this is beyond me but I have to say your build up is amazing.
I'd see if you could maybe heat it up a bit and flex it in? What are the attachment pieces?
OH and your very welcome, really... it was due.
Christi

Why thank you madam, you are very welcome and the pleasure is all mine :lol:

thanks

Christi if you every need a cod piece pm me and i'll see what i can do. I owe you one

Last edited by a moderator:
evan4218 said:
DUDE!!! You are my cod hero man! Good work!!! Few people can say the dis comething scrach built them selves for there costume of that quality. Keep it up. :)

thanks for the kind comments. Its comments like that that keep me scratch building :cheers :cheers

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back