ROTJ Helmets/style

I know MARROW_SUN had worked on an unbelievable ESB and followed it up by doing his ROTJ. He had said to me that he will never tackle the ROTJ again because of its complexity and difficulty level. At a glance it appears to have an easier paint job then the ESB with a more topical paint scheme but the reference pictures that he showed me proved to be quite the contrary. The ROTJ has alot of actual scrapes and carved out places in the fiberglass alone!
I prefer the look of the ESB myself but I wouldn't sell the ROTJ short by saying it is the easier paint job.

and since this is shaping up to be an excellent bucket show off thread, here's mine...

normal_IMG_0783.jpg

well I did an ESB rubies waaaayyyy back... ok like 2 years actually :lol: but erhm... that was not the level I could achieve now so i can't really say I did both, but what I can say is that the ROTJ bucket looks like to be just silver scrapes and thats it, so from quick look it looks loads easier...

then there's the hundreds of itsy bitsy silver dots and stripes allmost"on every part like a patern...

and the toughest part is the ton of washes, mistings and other layers of green etc... that almost necked me... :p

I'd like to do another one though, with layering techniques? If I ever get an airbrush anyways...

the thing is though... this Fett toke me quite some time and the helmet was the last piece and has by far the best paint job over it compared to the other costume parts... so when I look at my helmet I think that everything else should allready undergo a re-paint... sometimes my hands ...itch... I probably will update... somwehere... I must... :lol: simply because I know I can do better everysingle thing I redo.

RBF, I love your bucket. I must admit, I looked at the pics of your's a time or two, while I was doing mine. Ugh, I hate the picture I posted of mine. The focal point on my camera is weird or something, it makes my bucket look like it has no flair and the mandables/visor look weird. I gotta try and take some new pictures.

This was my attempt at an ROTJ. I rushed it because it was my only gear and I had to get rid of the nasty first attempt I did. Now that I have other gear, I can temporarily retire Fett and do a better job. Since the picture I've replaced the gloves with proper ones, bought new armor and Ruffkin Toy gauntlets. I also have a jet pack I need to assemble and paint.

http://www.badlands.ca/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=17463

RBF said:
I probably will update... somwehere... I must... :lol: simply because I know I can do better everysingle thing I redo.

i'm the same way. i've already repainted my recently purchased knees. i wasn't quite happy with the color, and knew i could do better.

it's an addiction!

Have just started my ROTJ MS3!. Heres a progress pic. At this stage it has had all the heavy scratches / scuffs / chips carved into the resin. Primed, sprayed aluminium and dull-coated. Then i've drawn on all the masked areas. This bucket is gonna be a lot of work but well worth the effort. So another ROTJ helmet to join the ranks!
Cheers
KidAkira
helmet.jpg

KidAkira said:
At this stage it has had all the heavy scratches / scuffs / chips carved into the resin.

that was the hardest part for me... i get this kit. first kit i've EVER bought that required no filler / sanding to get it smooth. and what do i do? start digging chunks out of it!!!

I am also making my MS3 into a RoTJ.

Just finished adding in the dents, scratches, damage to the outside and slapped on the primer.

pics to follow....

tk7602 said:
that was the hardest part for me... i get this kit. first kit i've EVER bought that required no filler / sanding to get it smooth. and what do i do? start digging chunks out of it!!!

stonerook said:
I am also making my MS3 into a RoTJ.

Just finished adding in the dents, scratches, damage to the outside and slapped on the primer.

pics to follow....

NOOoooo Vandals! Joking of course. Isn't it fun carving up a perfectly good helmet?!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back